Windows 10: USB 3.0 hub not working with USB C to USB 3.0 adapter.

Discus and support USB 3.0 hub not working with USB C to USB 3.0 adapter. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got an Aukey USB 3.0 hub model CB-C35. It has four USB 3.0 Type A ports and plugs into USB C. It also has a VGA port but I don't care about that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Galane, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Galane Win User

USB 3.0 hub not working with USB C to USB 3.0 adapter.

I got an Aukey USB 3.0 hub model CB-C35. It has four USB 3.0 Type A ports and plugs into USB C. It also has a VGA port but I don't care about that. It's plugged into a Renesas USB 3.0 controller PCI\VEN_1912&DEV_0014&SUBSYS_00151912&REV_03

It shows up in Windows 10 x64 device manager as a Generic SuperSpeed USB hub. Searching for its hardware ID turns up nothing.

Device USB\VID_2109&PID_0813\6&14de985a&0&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_1058&PID_1230\574343344E314C4639524C41
    Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
    Location Path: PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0900)#PCI(0000)#USBROOT(0)#USB(1)
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFF0032
    Present: false

EDIT: Plugged into a USB 2.0 port it shows up as USB 2.0 BILLBOARD with this device ID USB\VID_2109&PID_0100&REV_0600

It then functions as a USB 2.0 hub.

EDIT2: I then plugged it back into a USB 3.0 port and now it still shows as USB 2.0 BILLBOARD, no error under USB devices. USB 3.0 devices plugged in with the hub plugged into USB 3.0 are not recognized at all. USB 3.0 devices plugged in with the hub connected to USB 2.0 are recognized but unreadable.

Good thing I didn't pay much when I didn't notice they had USB C plugs.

:)

Galane, Mar 8, 2018

2. Project My Screen on Lumia 950 XL

You've to use a USB 2.0 port or a USB 2.0 Hub connected to a USB 3.0 port in this version. Connecting the Lumia 950 (XL) directly to a USB 3.0/USB-C port doesn't work.

LorenzoBarbieri, Mar 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 doesn't detect only a specific network USB adapter

Hi,

Having the same issue as Amauri. When plugging in the adapter via the USB 3.0 port, I can see the adapter appearing temporarily then disappear.

Currently am doing a temporary solution whereby I am plugging in a USB 3.0 hub to the current USB 3.0 port. Then I plugged in the TPlink adapter via the hub, thus the adapter was detected.

Mohd AmriMohd Noor, Mar 8, 2018
  4. erpster4 Win User

is the Aukey USB 3.0 hub a "powered" hub with a separate power supply/ac adapter?

I'd avoid USB 3.0 hubs that don't include a separate power supply with them.

erpster4, Mar 9, 2018
  5. Bat 1 Win User
    That model is actually made for a Mac reading the description. So on their Support Site there's no firmware or driver updates for Windows like their other models.

Bat 1, Mar 9, 2018
  6. Galane Win User
    It doesn't have separate power. Looks like I need to find someone with one of those silly Macs laptops that only have one or two USB C ports.

Galane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB 3.0 hub not working with USB C to USB 3.0 adapter. - Similar Threads - USB hub working

2. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  3. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  4. Are all USB-C ports USB 3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are all USB-C ports USB 3?: Idk where else to ask this. Do all USB-C ports support USB 3 cables? My USB-C port just has a normal USB port but so does my USB 3.1 Gen1 port. submitted by /u/xMasterMelonx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k05owe/are_all_usbc_ports_usb_3/
  5. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  6. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  7. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

in Windows 10 Support
    USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  8. eSATA to USB 3 adapter?

eSATA to USB 3 adapter?: Sort of a hardware question: I I have an old PC with an front panel eSATA port (not power eSATA or eSATA + USB) and a couple USB 2 ports but no USB 3 ports. I have no need for eSATA but have a number of USB 3.0 devices. I've been looking for an eSTAT-m to USB 3.0-f adapter or...
  9. Powered USB C Hub to USB 3 - Recommendations and help please

Powered USB C Hub to USB 3 - Recommendations and help please: Hi Recently purchased new rig, not enough USB ports. Got the Asus PRIME x299a so thinking of using the USB C port into a multi USB3 hub. Windows10x64 Any recommendations from personal use etc much appreciated (UK/Europe based please). Sorry as an edit. Will use a...
  10. USB 3 Hub

USB 3 Hub: I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aukey usb hub not working

2. VID_2109&PID_0100

3. usb-3 hub ports not-working

4. aukey usb 3 hub not recognized,
  5. will a usb-C hub work with USB 3.0,
  6. aukey multiport usb-c hub not working on windows,
  7. caselogic usb-c to usb 3 adapter not recognized,
  8. USB\VID_2109&PID_0813