Windows 10: USB 3.0 Hub [Will it decrease speed]?

Discus and support USB 3.0 Hub [Will it decrease speed]? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of my two USB 3.0 ports on my Laptop is damaged and no longer working. So when I want to copy something from am external HDD to Another external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rezpower, Sep 25, 2020.

1. rezpower Win User

USB 3.0 Hub [Will it decrease speed]?

One of my two USB 3.0 ports on my Laptop is damaged and no longer working. So when I want to copy something from am external HDD to Another external HDD one of them is always in a USB 2 port and the copy speed is around 25MB/s which is very slow. Copying a file from my PC to the HDD on the usb 3 port is fast (120MB/s).

I was wondering if I buy a USB 3.0 hub and connect it to the working USB 3 port will I be able to benefit from full USB 3 speeds again with two disks connected or will the speed be devised in two or...??

:)

rezpower, Sep 25, 2020

2. 7 Port High Speed USB 3.0 Hub

they were asking for this... https://geeks.com/collections/best-...h-speed-usb-3-0-hub-windows-mac-os-compatible so that they did not have to search the page for it. Common courtesy when listing a hot deal really.

sneekypeet, Sep 25, 2020
  3. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Shilohbob Win User

will usb 2.0 support usb hub

If the new hub has only 2-3 outlets you may get away with the hub not being powered, If the hub has 3 + hubs I suggest it has it's own power source , also try and get one with all USB 3 or at least a selection of USB 2 & 3.

More devices are coming out supporting USB 3, USB 2 will become obsolete soon.

USB 3 is normally backward capable, but USB 2 will not give the performance of USB 3. USB 3 has greater speed & flexibility.

Shilohbob, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. USB 3.0 Hub [Will it decrease speed]? - Similar Threads - USB Hub decrease

2. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  3. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  4. USB 3 hub connects and reconnects frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 hub connects and reconnects frequently: Hi All, I have an office laptop HP Elitebook 840 G5 running Windows 10 Enterprise with Windows 21H1 update. My USB 3.0 hub (with external keyboard and mouse) connected to it disconnects and connects back frequently. This leaves me with no keyboard/mouse from time to time...
  5. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  6. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

in Windows 10 Support
    USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  7. USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.

USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.: As per title. Windows 10 has already killed an older USB 2 flash drive, now the new USB 3 one only copies files at 20MBps. USB is seriously broken in Windows 10. 32587
  8. Connect USB 3.0 Hub into a USB 2.0 Port? 3.0 Speed?

Connect USB 3.0 Hub into a USB 2.0 Port? 3.0 Speed?: Hello Everyone, Can I take a USB 3.0 hub and plug it into a USB 2.0 port? If so, will I get the USB 3.0 Speeds? Thank you for your time and assistance. 71086
  9. USB 3 Hub

USB 3 Hub: I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is...
  10. USB 3 is not runing usb 3 speeds on my board

USB 3 is not runing usb 3 speeds on my board: So i had to get intel chipset drivers for my board from intel my board is a msi z77a-g45 all drivers show working and functioning here is a picture of the drivers installed, i can't figure out why all my usb 3 devices are not running at usb 3 speed they are running at usb 2.0...