Windows 10: USB 3.0 interference with wireless mouse?

Discus and support USB 3.0 interference with wireless mouse? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had a Logitech M510 mouse for about a month and time is running out on a return. My problem is jerky and intermittent movement problems. These may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lbeck, Aug 30, 2015.

1. lbeck Win User

USB 3.0 interference with wireless mouse?

I've had a Logitech M510 mouse for about a month and time is running out on a return. My problem is jerky and intermittent movement problems. These may have a workaround my using a USB extension cable since moving the receiver away from USB 3.0 ports may eliminate the interference.

I'm thinking of returning the mouse tomorrow before the return term expires. Are there mice that do not exhibit the 3.0 interference or is this simply a technology impediment to using wireless mice?

:)

lbeck, Aug 30, 2015

2. Wireless mouse stops responding when external usb 3.0 device connected

Since all drivers are updated but the issue still persists, possibilities that this is an interference issue with the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. This interference can cause a delayed response to the wireless mouse.

If your laptop has multiple ports available, we suggest that you connect the USB 2.0 on the other side of the laptop. Make sure that the wireless mouse is closest to your wireless receiver (USB 2.0).

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Jerky Mouse Movement

I have a MS wireless mouse which has the same problem intermittently. The transceiver was plugged into a front USB 3.0 port, next to a memory card adapter with an SD card inserted and an external HDD cable on the other side. I don't know which, if either,
    of these was causing interference, but I have now plugged it into a USB hub and the problem has gone away.

David de Jongh, Aug 30, 2015
  4. lbeck Win User

Returned the mouse and bought a Logitech M310. Worked fine for a while and now is showing the same jumpy performance as the 510.

So my question remains. Is this a problem with USB 3.0 interference or something else. I've looked at Amazon one-star reviews of several bluetooth mice and they appear to have the same reports from some users of jumpy performance.

Is there a solution short of going to a wired mouse? Using a USB extension cable appears to work, but I'd prefer to use a stubby USB receiver. Maybe the technology doesn't exist?

lbeck, Sep 2, 2015
  5. PLCMAN58 Win User
    Do a Google search and you will find lot's of reasons why this occurs. It appears that the USB 3.0 generating a frequency that interferes with the 2.4Ghz frequency used by moist wireless mice. I have provided a link to a paper by INTEL on the subject.

Page Unavailableusb3-frequency-interference-paper.html

PLCMAN58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB 3.0 interference with wireless mouse? - Similar Threads - USB interference wireless

2. Usb wireless mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb wireless mouse not working: Hello,For the last few days I have been having trouble with my USB wireless mouse when using my pc with a second screen.Once an application is open I can use my mouse to access some of the apps functions but cannot close it. The mouse also cannot be used on the...
  3. Usb wireless mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb wireless mouse not working: Hello,For the last few days I have been having trouble with my USB wireless mouse when using my pc with a second screen.Once an application is open I can use my mouse to access some of the apps functions but cannot close it. The mouse also cannot be used on the...
  4. Usb wireless mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Arc mouse wireless usb not working.

Arc mouse wireless usb not working.: Hello i Have a Wireless usb Arc Touch mouse but is not working anymore.It started blinking red, then stopped working, changed the batteries but still not working.When i connect the usb it show like Microsoft nano tranceiver v.1.But Mouse still not connect, ad mouse shows me...
  6. usb mouse interferes with keyboard.

usb mouse interferes with keyboard.: Model: Notebook ASUS FX505DTWindows 10 64 bitStandard Microsoft drivers. for consumer control, external keyboards, usb mouse.The USB keyboard works OK.Build date: 2020-04Bought-December 2020.Touchpad driver = ASUSTek 11.00.30, shows as disabled when the mouse is plugged...
  7. Bluetooth interference with wireless network adaptor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth interference with wireless network adaptor.: I use a HP pavilion laptop which uses Realtek RTL882CE 802.11ac PCle wireless adaptor. The wifi works fine until I turn on the bluetooth, the laptop is connected to the wifi but displays a no internet message, when I diagnose/troubleshoot it says the problem is Default...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000- lost the usb after 3 months

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000- lost the usb after 3 months: Hi, What can I do when the transceiver is lost? where can I get an replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wireless-mobile-mouse-4000-lost-the-usb/9ba5890c-a1f4-469e-8450-d68870ff78a6
  9. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  10. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

in Windows 10 Support
    USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831

Users found this page by searching for:

1. easystore usb drive interferes with logitech wireless mouse

2. usb stick intefers with bluetooth mouse

3. usb 3.0 vs 2.0 wireless mouse

4. usb 3 interference with usb 2,
  5. logitech wireless mouse lags when external usb 3 drive connected,
  6. usb drive interference with wireless mouse,
  7. usb 3.0 drive interfears with mouse,
  8. usb 3.0 wireless mouse,
  9. usb 3.0 jumpy mouse,
  10. external harddisk interferes with wireless transiver win 10,
  11. usb 2.0 intefere with bluetooth,