Windows 10: USB 3.0 Not showing up in Device manager after update

Discus and support USB 3.0 Not showing up in Device manager after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a computer that had an older version of Windows 10. After doing the updates, my 4 USB 3.0 ports no longer show up in Device Manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NathanielHowell, Dec 1, 2020.

1. USB 3.0 Not showing up in Device manager after update

I recently bought a computer that had an older version of Windows 10. After doing the updates, my 4 USB 3.0 ports no longer show up in Device Manager. Plugging in something that requires USB 3.0 says 'Driver Error' in settings and in Device manager under properties is says in Device Status "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31 The Request is not supported." I need help ASAP to fix this.

:)

NathanielHowell, Dec 1, 2020

2. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Dec 1, 2020
  4. USB 3.0 Not showing up in Device manager after update

USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

USB 3.0 Not showing up in Device manager after update

1. USB 3.0 Not showing up in Device manager after update - Similar Threads - USB showing Device

2. USB mic not showing up on device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not showing up on device manager: I recently bought an external USB microphone and it just isn't showing up on the device manager, people keep saying to update the driver, but how am I supposed to do that when I can't even find the device in device manager....
  3. USB mic not showing up on device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not showing up on device manager: I recently bought an external USB microphone and it just isn't showing up on the device manager, people keep saying to update the driver, but how am I supposed to do that when I can't even find the device in device manager....
  4. USB device not showing up in device manager

USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  5. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  6. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  8. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  9. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

10. USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager: For some reason, my computer has a USB 3.0 port which I am trying to use but for some reason it doesn't work at all, it doesn't even show up in my device manager, ive looked everywhere but cant find a fix, unless its not connected inside the pc I don't know what to do...