Windows 10: Usb 3.0 not working

Discus and support Usb 3.0 not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so ever since Windows 10, version 1809 came out, Microsoft started releases smaller patches titled "microcode updates". The problem is that EVERY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DataDrainer, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Usb 3.0 not working

Ok so ever since Windows 10, version 1809 came out, Microsoft started releases smaller patches titled "microcode updates". The problem is that EVERY time they released one of these microcode updates something in it made my usb 3.0 port not work. No fix online worked. Drivers are up to date, uninstalling drivers didnt work, nothing involving ANY kind of driver solution worked. The only thing that worked was to unistall the microcode updates as they came, then block (hide) them so they wouldn't just reinstall next time I restarted my computer (desktop). That was the ONLY way to get my usb 3.0 port (not usb 3.1) working again. Now last night my computer automatically updated to Windows 10, version 1903 (August 2019) while I was asleep and the same thing happened as with the microcode updates, my usb 3.0 no longer works. Specifically if seems that WHATEVER device is plugged into the usb 3.0, the port/computer does not receive a continuous feed from the device that is plugged in. For example, if you are using a capture card or some other video transferring device, all you get is a still frame of said video that never updates, you only see what was displayed the instant the device was plugged in. So I tried to uninstall version 1903 (August 2019) and go back to version 1809, but version 1903 was not listed in the 'uninstall updates' pane. So I called microsoft support. I was on the phone for 4 hours (with someone from India that I couldn't understand a word she said) did the remote access thing and they still couldn't figure out how to fix the problem. All she kept trying to do was to update drivers or uninstall them, everything I told her that I already tried. Eventually she just gave up, said that there was nothing she could do and hung up! ****? Ive looked online multiple times for this issue and so many people are having the same problem and Microsoft HASN'T found a single WORKING fix for this issue. If anyone has found a fix for this exact issue please reply to this post.

:)

DataDrainer, Aug 9, 2019
  2. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Aug 9, 2019
  3. USB 3.0 Question

That is the add in I have. I got it off the CM store. They also list an adapter, but I've yet to see it listed as in stock and can't seem to find any others.

mastrdrver, Aug 9, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Usb 3.0 not working

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Usb 3.0 not working

1. Usb 3.0 not working - Similar Threads - Usb working

2. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  3. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  4. all usb ports working in bios mode but not in windows , tried every existing solution there...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all usb ports working in bios mode but not in windows , tried every existing solution there...: all usb ports working in bios mode but not in windows , tried every existing solution there is for windows , even installed windows 2 times but usb ports randomly work in windows...
  5. all usb ports working in bios mode but not in windows , tried every existing solution there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all usb ports working in bios mode but not in windows , tried every existing solution there...: all usb ports working in bios mode but not in windows , tried every existing solution there is for windows , even installed windows 2 times but usb ports randomly work in windows...
  6. all usb ports working in bios mode but not in windows , tried every existing solution there...

7. My Usb ports are all working in bios , but when windows is on than some ports randomly work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Usb ports are all working in bios , but when windows is on than some ports randomly work: My Usb ports are all working in bios , but when windows is on than some ports randomly work while some not , than the ones which aren't working are working after restart , usb 3.0 ports work 1 minute after starting windows than power is off , i have tried all solutions in my...
  8. My Usb ports are all working in bios , but when windows is on than some ports randomly work

My Usb ports are all working in bios , but when windows is on than some ports randomly work: My Usb ports are all working in bios , but when windows is on than some ports randomly work while some not , than the ones which aren't working are working after restart , usb 3.0 ports work 1 minute after starting windows than power is off , i have tried all solutions in my...
  9. My Usb ports are all working in bios , but when windows is on than some ports randomly work

10. usb not working

usb not working: usb port not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working/3813445e-05f5-4a11-990a-126da32f4017

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb 3.0 not working