Windows 10: USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10

Discus and support USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karthikeyanrk, Jan 11, 2019.

1. USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10

USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10

:)

karthikeyanrk, Jan 11, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10 [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 11, 2019
  3. foxslink Win User
    USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Jan 11, 2019
  4. jjtyler Win User

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10 - Similar Threads - USB port HDMI

2. HDMI ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI ports not working: so, i have 2 HDMI ports, and only one of them works. However, it seems that it switches? so that means that one day, port number 1 is the port that is working, and when i unplug my screen and plug it back in, its port number 2 thats working. well, it only happens if i unplug...
  3. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  4. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have Windows 10. When I try and connect to my TV using an HDMI cable, nothing comes up on the TV. I have checked the cable with my other laptop and it works just fine. How do I check and update/install HDMI drivers on my laptop?...
  5. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display...
  6. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hey, I recently bought a monitor. but the problem is that the HDMI is not working, the cable is probably fine and everything is plugged in like it should but it doesn't detect my monitor. can anyone help me please?...
  7. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  8. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...
  9. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Hi, I recently unplugged my HDMI cable from my gpu (980ti), once I plugged it back in, the monitor didn't detect any signal. My computer can't find any other monitor, only my main display. Already tried to switch between HDMI cable but still nothing. the HDMI port itself...
  10. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Please can someone help me. I have an acer predator laptop which has windows 10 installed. My HDMI port used to connect an additional monitor stopped working and I can't figure out why. The Intel HD graphics as well as the NVIDIA graphics are all up to date but it is still...