Windows 10: USB 3.0 port issue.

Discus and support USB 3.0 port issue. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My laptop USB 3.0 port is acting like USB 2.0 port. Sometimes its working like 3.0. But it is connected to USB port 3.0. How to fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imran_084, Feb 18, 2020.

1. USB 3.0 port issue.

USB 3.0 port issue. X-1kbTSZ-c7Lf4S9gcIxv8YnA1Pok4M-ccY1yIZpxCU.jpg

My laptop USB 3.0 port is acting like USB 2.0 port. Sometimes its working like 3.0. But it is connected to USB port 3.0. How to fix it?

See in the Picture.

USB 3.0 Port problem

I gave this laptop to my brother to use. He installed some kinda software like paragon driver, seagate HDD management software. From that time, I am facing this issue. Tried to clean install windows many times but the problem did not go away.

submitted by /u/imran_084
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/imran_084, Feb 18, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB 3.0 port issue. [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 18, 2020
  4. USB 3.0 port issue.

USB 3 ports

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Regrets the inconvenience caused.

If your USB does not work after you plug it in, it’s probably because of one of the following causes:

• Windows can’t find a driver for the USB device.
    • Windows doesn't recognize the USB device.
    • There's a problem with the device
    • The driver for the device is faulty
    • The device isn't getting enough power
    • The USB port is defective
    Suggest you to check and install all latest and compatible windows 10 drivers from Manufacture's website for your device. Most probably it will fix the issue.

You can check the driver status under General tab, in device Manager. If you suspect that a driver is faulty, contact the manufacturer.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

USB 3.0 port issue.

1. USB 3.0 port issue. - Similar Threads - USB port issue

2. Issues with USB ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with USB ports: for some time, my usb mouse has been malfunctioning on my lenovo thinkpad. i'm not sure why. Then, it just stopped working. then in device manager, i saw that USB root hub 3.0 has a "!" sign on top of it's icon. I tried to uninstall it, yet it still persists. how do i fix??...
  3. Issues with USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with USB ports: for some time, my usb mouse has been malfunctioning on my lenovo thinkpad. i'm not sure why. Then, it just stopped working. then in device manager, i saw that USB root hub 3.0 has a "!" sign on top of it's icon. I tried to uninstall it, yet it still persists. how do i fix??...
  4. USB port issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port issues: I just built a new pc and everything was working great including all usb ports. Last night I tried my gaming mouse receiver plugged into the adjacent front usb 3 port that my office mouse was on both logitech and it wouldn't work so I tried swapping the usb receivers and...
  5. USB port issues

USB port issues: I just built a new pc and everything was working great including all usb ports. Last night I tried my gaming mouse receiver plugged into the adjacent front usb 3 port that my office mouse was on both logitech and it wouldn't work so I tried swapping the usb receivers and...
  6. Issues with usb port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with usb port: it keeps saying that is is not recognized and i cant figure out if its cuz of the software or if its a physical problem in the computer, send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-usb-port/f9a2b8bc-7b05-49c0-9ff4-c7bf39a7ef4c
  7. Issues with usb port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with usb port: it keeps saying that is is not recognized and i cant figure out if its cuz of the software or if its a physical problem in the computer, send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-usb-port/f9a2b8bc-7b05-49c0-9ff4-c7bf39a7ef4c
  8. Are all USB-C ports USB 3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are all USB-C ports USB 3?: Idk where else to ask this. Do all USB-C ports support USB 3 cables? My USB-C port just has a normal USB port but so does my USB 3.1 Gen1 port. submitted by /u/xMasterMelonx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k05owe/are_all_usbc_ports_usb_3/
  9. usb 3 ports not detected

usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  10. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...