Windows 10: USB 3.0 Port not working properely

Discus and support USB 3.0 Port not working properely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Here is some sort of problem I've been dealing with lately. I have an ASUS GL502vy laptop Windows 10 which has 3 USB 3.0 ports. Two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mehdieji, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Mehdieji Win User

USB 3.0 Port not working properely

Hello everyone.

Here is some sort of problem I've been dealing with lately.

I have an ASUS GL502vy laptop Windows 10 which has 3 USB 3.0 ports. Two of the ports both on the same side of the laptop are not working properly and working only with some devices. I'm guessing that they work only with USB 3.0 devices and just not the older devices i.e. mouse or USB 2.0 flash memories .... Although they supply power. The other USB port on the other side of the laptop doesn't have such a problem. And It's just a while that I'm facing this issue and this wasn't a problem before.

I have already tried uninstalling USB drivers in the device manager and no progress. But still, I think this is some sort of software issue rather than hardware.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Mehdieji, Feb 15, 2021
  2. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) Overview | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Feb 15, 2021
  3. USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers

I have an Acer E5-575G laptop with Intel Core i5 7200U, running Windows 10 Pro. Recently my USB 3.0 port is not working as usual. It's behaving as a USB 2.0 port and the transfer speeds are really low. Even my external hard drive, which shows blue light for 3.0 ports, is showing white light which it shows for 2.0 ports. I have tried updating my USB drivers but it's been of no use as there are no updates available. I tried uninstalling my USB drivers and restarting but my Laptop boots up to the same drivers.

I looked around my OS for a few minutes and noticed this on Windows Updates that were downloaded. Can this be the culprit?

USB 3.0 Port not working properely [​IMG]

I checked in my roommates laptop for any such issue but to my surprise he had the same driver update with no issues with the USB 3.0 ports. What might be the problem?

vikaskharkwal, Feb 15, 2021
  4. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. USB 3.0 Port not working properely - Similar Threads - USB Port working

2. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port not working properly: i accidentally end the task of windows explorer then my screen went black, then i forced restart my laptop after that my mouse is not working, like it lightning up but not working internally...
  3. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not working properly: i accidentally end the task of windows explorer then my screen went black, then i forced restart my laptop after that my mouse is not working, like it lightning up but not working internally...
  4. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Ports not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Ports not working properly: Hi,I having issues with the USB ports of my computerCertain USB ports straight up don't work with certain devices like with my keyboard and USB headphones.They don't even show up on device manager, but they seems to work with Mass USB storage devices.Any help will be gladly...
  6. USB Ports not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports not working properly: Hi,I having issues with the USB ports of my computerCertain USB ports straight up don't work with certain devices like with my keyboard and USB headphones.They don't even show up on device manager, but they seems to work with Mass USB storage devices.Any help will be gladly...
  7. USB Ports not working properly

8. USB ports not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not working properly: Whenever I connect my external wired USB mouse to the port, its optical sensor lights up for a short moment and turns off completely. Same with all other USB devices. It is like the computer is cutting off the USB port connection whenever I plug something. Does anyone have...
  9. USB ports not working properly

USB ports not working properly: Whenever I connect my external wired USB mouse to the port, its optical sensor lights up for a short moment and turns off completely. Same with all other USB devices. It is like the computer is cutting off the USB port connection whenever I plug something. Does anyone have...
  10. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...