Windows 10: USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers

Discus and support USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer E5-575G laptop with Intel Core i5 7200U, running Windows 10 Pro. Recently my USB 3.0 port is not working as usual. It's behaving as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vikaskharkwal, Feb 8, 2018.

1. USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers

I have an Acer E5-575G laptop with Intel Core i5 7200U, running Windows 10 Pro. Recently my USB 3.0 port is not working as usual. It's behaving as a USB 2.0 port and the transfer speeds are really low. Even my external hard drive, which shows blue light for 3.0 ports, is showing white light which it shows for 2.0 ports. I have tried updating my USB drivers but it's been of no use as there are no updates available. I tried uninstalling my USB drivers and restarting but my Laptop boots up to the same drivers.

I looked around my OS for a few minutes and noticed this on Windows Updates that were downloaded. Can this be the culprit?

USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers [​IMG]

I checked in my roommates laptop for any such issue but to my surprise he had the same driver update with no issues with the USB 3.0 ports. What might be the problem?

:)

vikaskharkwal, Feb 8, 2018

2. USB 3.0 pqi pen drive working normally in Windows 7 on USB 2.0 and 3.0 port. But doesn't work on USB 3.0 port in windows 10 or 8.1

My pqi pen drive USB 3.0 is working normally in Windows 7(both USB 2.0 AND USB 3.0 ports). But when I insert the pen drive to Windows 8.1 or 10 pc in a USB 3.0 port, it is not recognized, but it works normally in USB 2.0 port. I have updated the driver also
    but it says the up to date driver is already installed. It works normally on USB 2.0 ports( I tried it on different computers, only when plugged into USB 3.0 port, it says not recognized, or else works normally ).

But external hard disks(USB 3.0) works normally.

Solutions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

SudeepShakya, Feb 8, 2018
  3. Nam Huynh Win User
    Project my screen app not working on Lumia 950 XL when connecting to Surface Book

I recently found out that if you plug it into a USB 2.0 Port on your computer,it will work. USB 3.0 ports won't work. I don't have 2.0 ports so a 2.0 hub into a 3.0 port will work as well.

Nam Huynh, Feb 8, 2018
Thema:

USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers

1. USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers - Similar Threads - USB port working

2. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port not working properly: i accidentally end the task of windows explorer then my screen went black, then i forced restart my laptop after that my mouse is not working, like it lightning up but not working internally...
  3. usb port not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb port not working properly: i accidentally end the task of windows explorer then my screen went black, then i forced restart my laptop after that my mouse is not working, like it lightning up but not working internally...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  5. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  6. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB Ports not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Ports not working properly: Hi,I having issues with the USB ports of my computerCertain USB ports straight up don't work with certain devices like with my keyboard and USB headphones.They don't even show up on device manager, but they seems to work with Mass USB storage devices.Any help will be gladly...
  8. USB Ports not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports not working properly: Hi,I having issues with the USB ports of my computerCertain USB ports straight up don't work with certain devices like with my keyboard and USB headphones.They don't even show up on device manager, but they seems to work with Mass USB storage devices.Any help will be gladly...
  9. USB Ports not working properly

10. USB ports not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not working properly: Whenever I connect my external wired USB mouse to the port, its optical sensor lights up for a short moment and turns off completely. Same with all other USB devices. It is like the computer is cutting off the USB port connection whenever I plug something. Does anyone have...