Windows 10: USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Windows 10

Discus and support USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I was uninstalling some junks in control panel and found many driver packs that were probably installed by a previously uninstalled random driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmirNajjarpour, Jan 2, 2020.

1. USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Windows 10

Today I was uninstalling some junks in control panel and found many driver packs that were probably installed by a previously uninstalled random driver installer that i don't remember any name of.

and then i uninstalled some of those driver packs, too. I thought maybe they are junks and don't do anything since their publisher's names were different and didn't seem to be genuine. picture included

but, after I did this, the three usb 3.0 ports of my laptop didn't work anymore. but the usb 2.0 works as always.

I may have tried every way of fixing the problem. like installing some other driver installers and they all installed the same drivers that they said are not updated, pretty funny of them tho. I tried reinstalling the chipset driver and a few other things downloaded from the manufacturers site. Lenovo. I tried restoring my system to a backup from a month ago. And none worked.

Device managers pic included.

When I click on show hidden drivers, the usb 3.0 shows up but doesn't happen to make any problem.

If the problem persists on my pc, maybe i'm gonna do a clean windows install then.

USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Windows 10 2d270087-1c78-4fda-87bb-a8307b9d4ba4?upload=true.png USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Windows 10 ac0af34a-67ec-48f5-bd17-2620f8aea24b?upload=true.png USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Windows 10 4de461a4-b239-4df0-9695-277b5c06de10?upload=true.png

:)

AmirNajjarpour, Jan 2, 2020
  2. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Jan 2, 2020
  3. jjtyler Win User
    USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Windows 10

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. Do you see any error in the device manager when the USB is connected?

Before we troubleshoot on the issue, I would suggest you to check if the USB devices work on a different computer. If it does, kindly try the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select
      Update driver
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 3: Disable Selective Suspend feature.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose ‘Power Options’. Click
      ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’

If the issue persists, identify if the USB drive is listed in Disk Management. To do that,

• Right-click on Windows icon and select Disk management and find if the USB drive shows up there.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Windows 10

1. USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB ports don't

2. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  3. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Usb ports don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb ports don't work: It was a problem a few days ago with my old pc what i am about to sell. I got to a service and now it worked. But i wanted to reinstall the windowsto sell and now its the language selectionfirst step and its not working. My keyboard and mouse is lighting but there is no...
  6. Usb ports don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb ports don't work: It was a problem a few days ago with my old pc what i am about to sell. I got to a service and now it worked. But i wanted to reinstall the windowsto sell and now its the language selectionfirst step and its not working. My keyboard and mouse is lighting but there is no...
  7. Usb ports don't work

8. Are all USB-C ports USB 3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are all USB-C ports USB 3?: Idk where else to ask this. Do all USB-C ports support USB 3 cables? My USB-C port just has a normal USB port but so does my USB 3.1 Gen1 port. submitted by /u/xMasterMelonx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k05owe/are_all_usbc_ports_usb_3/
  9. USB-3 ports not working Windows 10

USB-3 ports not working Windows 10: I don't know when it happened, because I haven't tried to use my USB ports in a while, but today I discovered that all of them are not working. The USB-C port is working fine. I have tried Restarting the computer Changing USB cords, devices, ports Changing the power...
  10. USB ports don't work

USB ports don't work: Good afternoon. My laptop has stopped recognizing any device that connects to the USB ports. The message that he doesn't recognize it doesn't even come out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my usb hubs havent worked since 2018 hp windows 10