Windows 10: USB 3.0 stops working after restarting PC

Discus and support USB 3.0 stops working after restarting PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It happens every time I restart my PC. I have to reinstall again the 3.0 driver whenever it doesn't work; it looks like the driver fails to startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by [Essaidemetori], Jul 23, 2020.

1. USB 3.0 stops working after restarting PC

It happens every time I restart my PC. I have to reinstall again the 3.0 driver whenever it doesn't work; it looks like the driver fails to startup when I startup Windows it works in the boot menu.
    This is what it looks like when i restart it

:)

[Essaidemetori], Jul 23, 2020

2. USB 3.0 stopped working

talla

Tallandiaye, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    USB 3.0 stopped working

Hello Lawrence,

This could be an issue if the device driver is outdated. To better assist you, kindly provide us these details:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you confirm how many USB 3.0 ports do you have on your computer?
    • Do you see any error warnings when checking on the USB driver itself?

To help resolve the issue, we suggest that you follow these troubleshooting methods:

Method 1: Check if your computer has a USB 3.0 port

We need to identify first if your computer has USB 3.0 port or not. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Open the Device Manager.
    2. In the Device Manager window, click the + (plus sign) next to Universal Serial Bus controllers. You will see a list of the USB ports installed on your computer.
      Look if there is a USB 3.0 name on the drivers.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall USB driver

To uninstall USB 3.0 controllers, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type Device Manager, and press Enter.
    2. Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall. For this one, choose the USB 3.0 driver.
    3. Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    4. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    5. After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

After uninstall the USB 3.0 driver, you can try downloading and installing the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Method 4: Update your USB driver

To update your USB 3.0 driver, kindly go to this
    link

Method 3: Run the Windows USB troubleshooter

To run this troubleshooter, kindly go to this
    link

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Aug 4, 2020
  4. USB 3.0 stops working after restarting PC

Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0?

Hello my name is Bradford and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I'll help you with getting your hub to work at USB 3.0 speeds.

Please be sure to download proper USB 3.0 drivers from the official site of your PC manufacturer. You can also find USB 3.0 drivers updates on the motherboard manufacturers’ websites if you built the computer yourself.

Save the driver file and follow the steps below to manually install the USB 3.0 driver:

1. Use Windows shortcut keys "Windows Key + X" to launch the Jump List and then select "Device Manager".

2. Right-click on the USB 3.0 device, for instance, "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller". And then select "Update Driver" Software.

3. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software".

4. Click the Browse button and load the USB 3.0 driver you’ve saved. Click OK and then click Next. Then Windows 10 will do its jobs on and install the driver.

5. Restart the computer.

After following these steps your device isn't working faster please let me know and I can suggest a different solution

USB 3.0 stops working after restarting PC 69864322-f73a-46b8-a783-bd6e0840b188?upload=true.png

Omoikane1122, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

USB 3.0 stops working after restarting PC

1. USB 3.0 stops working after restarting PC - Similar Threads - USB stops working

2. Computer stopped working after restarting it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stopped working after restarting it: My windows 10 computer has this issue where I am unable to run any programs and use the windows menu on the bottom left. I’m basically unable to do anything as when I run a program my cursor will have the spinning blue circle and it will infinitely load and when I try to do...
  3. USB devices stop working after unplugged, bluescreens after restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices stop working after unplugged, bluescreens after restarting: I made this post on r/techsupport but it's down right now and I can't find anything on google about this Iv been having a weird problem where after some time of using my computer the USB ports will stop working if I unplug them. I discovered this because I tried to plug my...
  4. *all* USB ports randomly stop working, requiring a PC restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    *all* USB ports randomly stop working, requiring a PC restart.: As the title says, I haven't been able to find any particular cause, it seems to be completely random. I have an RGB keyboard, a mouse with a light, and a VR headset plugged in. When this random event happens, everything in every USB port no longer works. Switching them...
  5. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  6. Usb don't work after restart

Usb don't work after restart: Hello. Yesterday I restarted the pc using the button on the case. After the reboot, the usb connectors no longer worked, so I did cmos but with no result. USB mouse and keyboard don´t work in bios too. Today I got the ps / 2 keyboard and the mouse and keyboard working. As...
  7. After restarting pc 3 things stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    After restarting pc 3 things stopped working: after i restarted my pc because I couldnt type in the search bar, i noticed that there wasnt a wifi logo at the corner and the audio sign showed that it had no audio and when i checked the devices (i use a tpling 300mbps wifi adapter) the adapter was there and it showed that...
  8. USB not working after restarting laptop.

USB not working after restarting laptop.: EDIT* I reinstalled windows and it worked for me I don't know how I installed it incorrectly Thanks for the help!! Hi I have a lenovo Y50-70 laptop (i7-4710HQ GTX 860m 4GB 8GB ram) after restarting my laptop I had to because I installed the XTU from intel and then my...
  9. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...
  10. Windows 10 stops working every 3 times of restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 stops working every 3 times of restart: Hi everyone, I have a laptop HP ENVY 15 (core i7, 16 GB of RAM). The problem is that windows 10 stops working after about 2 minutes from showing the desktop, sometimes i open the explorer and log into my email and the it stops or even open my computer, although i still can...