Windows 10: USB 3.0 very slow to connect to USB HDD

Discus and support USB 3.0 very slow to connect to USB HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Had a USB HDD plugged into USB 3.0 and rebooted computer. Now it takes about 5 minuted before the HDD is connected and one it is, you can't do anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by philetus, Jun 4, 2020.

1. philetus Win User

USB 3.0 very slow to connect to USB HDD

Had a USB HDD plugged into USB 3.0 and rebooted computer. Now it takes about 5 minuted before the HDD is connected and one it is, you can't do anything with the files. Same with another, newer HDD.Both drives work good on USB 2.0 Here is the system log when the drive is plugged into USB 3.0.

USB 3.0 very slow to connect to USB HDD [​IMG]

:)

philetus, Jun 4, 2020

2. USB 3.0 Question

That is the add in I have. I got it off the CM store. They also list an adapter, but I've yet to see it listed as in stock and can't seem to find any others.

mastrdrver, Jun 4, 2020
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Connect IDE hdd to USB using a device..?

So you want to connect a IDE based HDD to USB like a HDD USB? Not possible due to IDE uses more Power as it uses a Molex Connector. I mean you could BUY a IDE to USB but powering the HDD you still need a Molex Connector as there's no USB to Molex that I can find

rk3066, Jun 4, 2020
  4. USB 3.0 very slow to connect to USB HDD

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

USB 3.0 very slow to connect to USB HDD

1. USB 3.0 very slow to connect to USB HDD - Similar Threads - USB very slow

2. usb transfer is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb transfer is very slow: File transfer from my Dell Precision to a the USB is fast, then it slow dramatically down and stops after 10 seconds. I have updated the drive and it is working property.Dell has not been helpfull becuase it is just out of the warrentee....
  3. usb transfer is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb transfer is very slow: File transfer from my Dell Precision to a the USB is fast, then it slow dramatically down and stops after 10 seconds. I have updated the drive and it is working property.Dell has not been helpfull becuase it is just out of the warrentee....
  4. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  5. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  6. Read/write from HDD connected via USB drops to 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Read/write from HDD connected via USB drops to 0: Hey sup people, I have this weird issue with a 7200 rpm SATA2 HDD connected to my newer PC (Ryzen 3600, X470) through a USB 2.0 container manufactured by STLab. Both the HDD and the container are 10 years old or slightly more. First of all, no issues with my old Windows 7...
  7. Very slow access to USB HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very slow access to USB HDD: I have a rather young 4 TB USB HDD. Some time ago I formatted it in Ext4 and used it in a Linux system. Now I will use it in Windows. I formatted it in NTFS (Quick Format) and copied 2 TB data to it. Up to here everything was ok. I connected this USB3 capable HDD to a USB2...
  8. Sdd usb 3.1 very slow

Sdd usb 3.1 very slow: My Asus X99-A II has a Type-C USB 3.1 port. I thought it would be helpful to make use of this port, so I bought a USB 3.1 StarTech hard drive enclosure rated for 10Gbps and installed a Samsung PM800 250GB SSD in it. I expected very fast, or at least fast speeds from this...
  9. Very slow boot, no usb

Very slow boot, no usb: I just upgraded my i7, 8GB ram laptop to Windows 10 and really need help. Booting up, shutting down, and restarting are extremely slow. This laptop previously had Windows 7 and booted up much faster. I've looked at the startup folder and it is empty. I'm ready to give up and...
  10. Copying to USB Very Slow

Copying to USB Very Slow: A few times a week I backup my data files to my extended hdd and my USB. Seems it take forever to copy to the USB. Very short time to copy to Extended hdd. I've tried deleting to old backup first so there will be no need to replace and files. That doesn't seem to be...