Windows 10: USB 3.1,3.0,2.0 Question?.

Discus and support USB 3.1,3.0,2.0 Question?. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my PC last week and it all went very well and everything is working as it should but I have a problem understanding the USB port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by saltyseadog, Mar 5, 2017.

1. USB 3.1,3.0,2.0 Question?.

I upgraded my PC last week and it all went very well and everything is working as it should but I have a problem understanding the USB port connections. On the motherboard outlet panel on the back of the PC there are several USB 3.1, 3.0 and 2.0 ports. When I was connecting all the cables and plugs etc to the mother board I had a plug that went to the the USB 2.0 internal motherboard connector the other end of which goes to two extra USB ports a headphone and microphone jack panel on the front of my PC. When reconnecting my external devices to the motherboard back panel I was unsure which ports to use so as all of them have USB 2.0 plugs I used them. This means the USB 3.0 and 3.1 connections are unused at present. Can someone explain to me what I plug into these, if I plug in the present USB 2.0 peripherals like the keyboard, printer etc to them will they work better or not all?.

:)

saltyseadog, Mar 5, 2017

2. Having trouble connecting to windows phone with USB Cable

Thank you for your help. Your solutions were unable to correct the problem. I have resorted to reaching out to Windows support. Unfortunately the only way that I can find support from a human at microsoft is through the Windows phone help twitter account. I
    have tweeted my question and am now waiting for a response. The support page
    https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749484?wa=wsignin1.0
    does not offer a working solution either. I guess I will have to wait for the next update to roll out. Maybe this will solve my issue.

Again, Thank you.

Frustrated USB Connection, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Having trouble connecting to windows phone with USB Cable

I have looked at every post, and tried all of the recommended fixes, but I still can not connect my Lumia Icon to my PC.

My PC runs windows 8.1. When I connect my phone I receive the error "USB device not recognized (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". I have tried to uninstall the USB driver that is not working then connect the phone again. This results in the same problem.
    My computer is up to date and so is the phone. Also, under the Device Manager no drivers for "portable devices" or "other devices" ever shows up when connecting via USB.

Please Help, thank you.

Frustrated USB Connection, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Phone Man Win User

USB 3.1,3.0,2.0 Question?.

All the ports are compatible but if you plug in a device it will run at the lowest speed of the port or device.
    So a 2.0 device plugged into a 3.0 or 3.1 port will run at 2.0 speed.
    A 3.0 or 3.1 device plugged into a 2.0 port will run at 2.0 speed.
    The same is true for 3.0 and 3.1 ports.
    So you should match the device to the port for best performance.

2.0 is the slowest, then 3.0 is next and 3.1 is the fastest.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 5, 2017
  5. Thank you for the quick reply.

saltyseadog, Mar 5, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Plug your keyboard and mouse into 2.0 ports.

Plug your printers into 3.0 ports.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

USB 3.1,3.0,2.0 Question?.

1. USB 3.1,3.0,2.0 Question?. - Similar Threads - USB Question

2. USB Security Keys strange question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Security Keys strange question: I have a curious question how do websites support the same security key before you need new usb security key. I mean I understand there meant to last years but I don’t see a website supporting the same security key for 30 years can you. I do understand their hack proof but I...
  3. USB Security Keys strange question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Security Keys strange question: I have a curious question how do websites support the same security key before you need new usb security key. I mean I understand there meant to last years but I don’t see a website supporting the same security key for 30 years can you. I do understand their hack proof but I...
  4. USB Security Keys strange question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Question: Can I require a 10-digit security key using a USB Num Lock keypad on top of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Can I require a 10-digit security key using a USB Num Lock keypad on top of...: Though not as serious as burglary in the first degree, including home invasion, I'm sure someone doing anything without my consent with my PC would be extremely harmful and exasperating to say the least....
  6. Question: Can I require a 10-digit security key using a USB Num Lock keypad on top of...

Question: Can I require a 10-digit security key using a USB Num Lock keypad on top of...: Though not as serious as burglary in the first degree, including home invasion, I'm sure someone doing anything without my consent with my PC would be extremely harmful and exasperating to say the least....
  7. Hi i already know you can use a usb memory stick as a small drive. My question is can take...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi i already know you can use a usb memory stick as a small drive. My question is can take...: Hi i already know you can use a usb memory stick as a small drive. My question is can take that usb with a few games on it and transfer it to my laptop in a folder. to free up my usb. and then when i want to play transer the games i put on my laptop back to my usb to play...
  8. Hi i already know you can use a usb memory stick as a small drive. My question is can take...

Hi i already know you can use a usb memory stick as a small drive. My question is can take...: Hi i already know you can use a usb memory stick as a small drive. My question is can take that usb with a few games on it and transfer it to my laptop in a folder. to free up my usb. and then when i want to play transer the games i put on my laptop back to my usb to play...
  9. USB host controller question - multiple host controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB host controller question - multiple host controllers: Windows 10 desktop PC has two USB Host Controllers installed. See attached image. AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 MicrosoftandAMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft Do we need both of them? The USB ports work for USB thumbdrives but not for a...
  10. Question about USB-connected printers/scanners and why they sometimes aren't available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about USB-connected printers/scanners and why they sometimes aren't available: I have a coworker who has a laptop connected to a docking station all Dell equipment. She oftentimes takes her laptop home to work from home. At both her office and at home, she has different USB-connected printers and scanners. This is a Windows 10 Pro laptop 21H1.To give an...