Windows 10: USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

Discus and support USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just don't know where to start. I'm trying to fix this issue for a week now and can't figure it out. My USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bitcr, Jun 1, 2019.

1. bitcr Win User

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

Hello,

I just don't know where to start. I'm trying to fix this issue for a week now and can't figure it out.
    My USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller is missing rom my device manager list. It's hiden when i got no usb flash connected to it. As soon as i Connect something to the port, it wakes up and it works fine.
    The problemis that i work with audio software, and everytime something is connected or disconnected from my type-c thunderbolt ports, i get a huge latency spike and my soundcard stops the playback.
    I tried everything:
    - Disabled the "allow the computer t turn off this device to save power" in device manager
    - Changed the power settings in control panel not to suspend USB
    - Tried to install some moded drivers
    - Tried High performance mode
    - Tried other editions of Windows 10. on 1809 doesent even wake the devices until i "scan for hardware changes"

I have to mention that the standard USB 3.0 Type-A port on my HP specre x360 (2017) works just fine and it is shown in device manager all the time.
    I was going to post this on HP forums but i tested it on two more laptops (Lenovo Yoga 530, and HP elitebook), and the USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller works this way on both of them. So it must be a OS thing.
    Can anyone help me with this issue? I'm losing my mind here. Is this the way windows is handling usb type-c ports? And is there someway i can change this behavior?

Thank you. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem :)

Bitcr |

:)

bitcr, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller waking computer from sleep

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Run power troubleshooter.

a. Press Windows +R key on the keyboard.

b. Type troubleshooting in the pop-up box and press Enter.

c. Click System and Security on left panel.

d. Click Power, new window will popup.

e. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: update Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver from this link.

Downloads for Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 1, 2019
  3. salromano Win User
    USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller Wakes PC

Hello, all.

I've had this problem since I built this PC a couple of months ago. When trying to put my computer to sleep, it wakes up no more than a second later. According to powercfg -lastwake, this is the culprit:

Code:
    Code:
    Wake History Count - 1  Wake History [0]    Wake Source Count - 1    Wake Source [0]      Type: Device      Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43D0&SUBSYS_43D01849&REV_01\4&288c77c7&0&000B      Friendly Name: AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)      Description: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller      Manufacturer: Generic USB xHCI Host Controller
    These are my specs:

• Computer type: PC/Desktop
    • Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor
    • Motherboard: ASRock X470 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard
    • Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    • Graphics Card(s): Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card

This PC has one USB 3.10 slot, which is on the motherboard. I have nothing in it. I've done just about everything the Internet has suggested, including disabling the driver (this solves the issue but for some reason disabling this driver also disables my Bluetooth driver), uninstalling / reinstalling the driver, checking the BIOS for any wake or USB-related options, uninstalling my GPU drivers / Nvidia GeForce Experience, checking for scheduled events, checking to see if any of my other USB connections (which are only a mouse and keyboard) are to blame -- you name it, I've probably done it. There are only so little support topics on this issue posted online, and none of them have a definite resolution, so I'm not sure where to go from here.

That said, I'll appreciate any help / suggestions! Thanks a bunch in advance!

salromano, Jun 1, 2019
  4. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

VIA USB 3 eXtensible host controller 1.0 (microsoft) issue

Of course.

Each time I do I receive an error message saying that the device is missing when I try to install the gigabyte drivers.

And when I restart the PC the Microsoft VIA USB 3 eXtensible Host Controller is still there as if the system re-installed it

VasilisStathis, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

1. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem - Similar Threads - USB eXtensible Host

2. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Problem: Hello,I have a Problem redarging USB-C Port When I'm Trying to Connect my External SanDdisk SSD to the USC-C port it's not showing up in the Device Manager or in the Disk Management but the same SSD has a USB 3.0 cable and it's is working just fine.This is a Screenshot...
  3. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Problem: Hello,I have a Problem redarging USB-C Port When I'm Trying to Connect my External SanDdisk SSD to the USC-C port it's not showing up in the Device Manager or in the Disk Management but the same SSD has a USB 3.0 cable and it's is working just fine.This is a Screenshot...
  4. Deleted my USB 3 eXtensible Host Controller thinking that it would be reinstalled...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleted my USB 3 eXtensible Host Controller thinking that it would be reinstalled...: -I tried scanning for hardware in the device manager-I tried restarting my computer, both the normal way and through unplugging the cord-I tried deleting other devices in the USB, and I only ended up losing the other USB 3 Root Hub. Other USB devices reinstall automatically,...
  5. USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10

USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10: I have a Dell laptop that uses the3.0 eXtensible host controller which I use to control my filter wheel on my telescope. It has worked fine for 3 years. I just bought a new HP Envy laptop whihc has the 3.1 eXtensible host controller and the filter wheel works for a few...
  6. Problems with ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller

Problems with ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller: HI, was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have a desktop with two 3.1 (gen 2) ports; one each of type A and C on an ASMedia host controller. Plus a number of USB 3.0 (gen 1)ports. The 3.1 host controller has the latest driver (10.0.19041.662 - nov 2020) and...
  7. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem: I have a new HP Envy x360 with WIFI 6. I cannot connect to iTunes with any Apple device I own. iPhone Xr, iPhone 4S, iPad AIR, iPad AIR 2nd and 4th gen. Latest iPad Apple support had me try multiple tests, they cannot locate any issues, Apple case #101228548743. HP says...
  8. Problem with VIA USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - Microsoft

Problem with VIA USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - Microsoft: So lately, this device seems to be freezing, causing me to lose control of my keyboard. The keyboard powers off. If I try to disabled/re-enable this controller, the computer completely freezes up in a fatal error, and has to be restarted. In which case, it will work for a...
  9. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem: Hello, I just don't know where to start. I'm trying to fix this issue for a week now and can't figure it out. My USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller is missing rom my device manager list. It's hiden when i got no usb flash connected to it. As soon as i Connect something to the...
  10. USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10 (1809...

USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10 (1809...: Hi , I created an reference image from WIndows 10 Enterprise 1809 which I have installed on a Dell Optiplex 5260 AIO and a Dell 3050 AIO Both These pc will control a medical device over USB . In Device Manager the 5260 states USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller (1.1)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NVIDIA USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)

2. Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller

3. intel(r) usb 3.1 extensible host controller 1.0 (Microsoft)

4. amd usb 3.10 extens host controller 1.10 microsoft keep disconnecting ,
  5. turn off Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft),
  6. intel usb 3.10 extensible hp laptop video,
  7. intel usb 3.1 extensible driver hp x360,
  8. intel usb 3.1 extensible host controller 1.10 lenovo flex,
  9. intel(r) usb 3.1 extensible host controller problem,
  10. issue with USB INTEL(R) USB 3.1 extensible host controller,
  11. nvidia usb 3.10 extensible host controller,
  12. how to turn off power saving for intel(r) 3.1 extensible usb device,
  13. usb 3.1 extensible host controller 1.10 alternative mode,
  14. Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible problem,
  15. usb 3.1 extensible host controller 1.10 connecting and disconnecting