Windows 10: USB 3.1 (gen. X)

Discus and support USB 3.1 (gen. X) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Read a lot old posts before 2018 about using 3.1 not possible. Is now August 2018 a driver available/usable? (Have a External 1 Tb usb disk, like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by F. van den Kommer, Aug 23, 2018.

1. USB 3.1 (gen. X)

Read a lot old posts before 2018 about using 3.1 not possible.

Is now August 2018 a driver available/usable?

(Have a External 1 Tb usb disk, like to use it on my otherwise useless C port).

Frank Netherlands

:)

F. van den Kommer, Aug 23, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 23, 2018
  3. New build usb 3 problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      View all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Anup Karkal, Aug 23, 2018
  4. USB 3.1 (gen. X)

OWC Introduces Drive Dock with USB 3.1 Gen 1

Nothing new here, the integrated PSU is a nice space-saving touch but otherwise ordinary usb 3.0 hdd dock.
    USB C would have been a much better connector choice, those B type connectors are limited in use.

simlariver, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

USB 3.1 (gen. X)

1. USB 3.1 (gen. X) - Similar Threads - USB gen

2. Windows recognizes all my USB 3.2 gen 2 ports as 2.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recognizes all my USB 3.2 gen 2 ports as 2.0: Hello,I have an Asus ROG Strix x570-e Gaming wifi ii motherboard with 7 x Type A, 1 x Type C ports all of which are USB 3.2 gen 2 on the rear panel I/,O and 2 x Type A, 1 x Type C on the front panel, again all 3.2 gen 2. The PC is running smoothly, however recently I plugged...
  3. Windows recognizes all my USB 3.2 gen 2 ports as 2.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recognizes all my USB 3.2 gen 2 ports as 2.0: Hello,I have an Asus ROG Strix x570-e Gaming wifi ii motherboard with 7 x Type A, 1 x Type C ports all of which are USB 3.2 gen 2 on the rear panel I/,O and 2 x Type A, 1 x Type C on the front panel, again all 3.2 gen 2. The PC is running smoothly, however recently I plugged...
  4. Win 11 crashes lenovo laptop with dockingstation usb-c gen 2 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 11 crashes lenovo laptop with dockingstation usb-c gen 2 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi,my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 3 AMD crashes frequently with Dockingstations connected to it. I updated the firmware of the Dock, Windows and the Drivers according to Lenovo Vantage. I changed several supported Dockingstations and after a while, the system just crashes and...
  5. Win 11 crashes lenovo laptop with dockingstation usb-c gen 2 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 crashes lenovo laptop with dockingstation usb-c gen 2 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi,my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 3 AMD crashes frequently with Dockingstations connected to it. I updated the firmware of the Dock, Windows and the Drivers according to Lenovo Vantage. I changed several supported Dockingstations and after a while, the system just crashes and...
  6. Win 11 crashes lenovo laptop with dockingstation usb-c gen 2 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

7. Asus ROG STRIX Prime Z690 USB 3.2 gen 1 ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus ROG STRIX Prime Z690 USB 3.2 gen 1 ports not working: So i found that some water had leaked onto the top of my pc case overnight. I have a vent, filter and cooling system in my pc which all together stopped 99% of visible water from getting into the system. as far as i could tell, no damage occurred but to be safe i left the...
  8. Asus ROG STRIX Prime Z690 USB 3.2 gen 1 ports not working

Asus ROG STRIX Prime Z690 USB 3.2 gen 1 ports not working: So i found that some water had leaked onto the top of my pc case overnight. I have a vent, filter and cooling system in my pc which all together stopped 99% of visible water from getting into the system. as far as i could tell, no damage occurred but to be safe i left the...
  9. USB 3.2 gen 2 type C think it might be a Thunderbolt 4 port as well? port randomly stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.2 gen 2 type C think it might be a Thunderbolt 4 port as well? port randomly stopped...: Hi,Laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506HMMonitor: Dell Gaming S2522HGI have been using a Type C/Thunderbolt to DP cable to connect my laptop using a USB 3.2 gen 2 type C Thunderbolt 4? Not sure if they are the same port to my monitor using a DP 1.2 port for about a year and a...
  10. USB 3.2 gen 2 type C think it might be a Thunderbolt 4 port as well? port randomly stopped...

USB 3.2 gen 2 type C think it might be a Thunderbolt 4 port as well? port randomly stopped...: Hi,Laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506HMMonitor: Dell Gaming S2522HGI have been using a Type C/Thunderbolt to DP cable to connect my laptop using a USB 3.2 gen 2 type C Thunderbolt 4? Not sure if they are the same port to my monitor using a DP 1.2 port for about a year and a...