Windows 10: USB 3.2 can only be used for data storage - mobo manual

Discus and support USB 3.2 can only be used for data storage - mobo manual in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm expecting a ROG STRIX X570-F tomorrow. I've just been looking through the manual and noticed this warning - USB 3.2 Gen2/Gen1 devices can only be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by badcrc, Jul 29, 2019.

1. badcrc Win User

USB 3.2 can only be used for data storage - mobo manual

I'm expecting a ROG STRIX X570-F tomorrow. I've just been looking through the manual and noticed this warning -

USB 3.2 Gen2/Gen1 devices can only be used for data storage

anyone know what this means ? I was planning on USB install.

:)

badcrc, Jul 29, 2019

2. USB Mass Storage device is an older USB device and moight not work with USB 3.0

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Hardware and Devices

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

If that does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Right click the USB Mass Storage Device in the list

Click Uninstall

Restart then check if its detected and working.

Other things you can try:

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog

Step 2. Type regedit and press Enter

Step 3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USB

Step 4. If the USB key does not exist into the list, then create a new key USB under Services. Now create a new DWORD value under the key that you’ve just created

Step 5. Keep the USB key selected and right-click on the blank space at the right pane

Step 6. Select New > DWORD value from the context menu

Step 7.Rename this newly created DWORD value as DisableSelectiveSuspend

Step 8. Right-click on DisableSelectiveSuspend and select Modify

Step 9. Put 1 in Value data field and then click OK

Step 10. Reboot your PC

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss?

1. Install Windows 1607 & 1709 dual boot system
    2. Connect two free disks
    3. Boot into 1607
    4. Create storage pool, assign two free disks, create two-way mirror volume
    5. Copy data to new volume
    6. Reboot into 1709
    7. Upgrade your Storage Space pool to gain new features as MS suggests
    8. Reboot into 1607
    9. Your Storage Space configuration looks now as in the picture, volume is inaccessible
    10. Notice that doing step 7 was not the smartest idea, data are now accessible only from Windows 1709.

Question: Is it possible to simply revert Storage Spaces metadata back to version 1607? Answer: No. It is necessary to backup data, destroy upgraded pool, create new pool & mirror in Windows 1607, and restore data.

Is it so hard to understand what necros asks for?

muchomurka, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, USB 3.2 can only be used for data storage - mobo manual :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. USB 3.2 can only be used for data storage - mobo manual - Similar Threads - USB used data

2. Can I use my 2 TB USB Drive as a Storage Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I use my 2 TB USB Drive as a Storage Drive?: I have looked up multiple youtube videos and google searchs, But nothing has helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-my-2-tb-usb-drive-as-a-storage-drive/d49a4f25-e524-4ca9-8a25-6d33faf90d08
  3. Can I use my 2 TB USB Drive as a Storage Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my 2 TB USB Drive as a Storage Drive?: I have looked up multiple youtube videos and google searchs, But nothing has helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-my-2-tb-usb-drive-as-a-storage-drive/d49a4f25-e524-4ca9-8a25-6d33faf90d08
  4. Can I use my 2 TB USB Drive as a Storage Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  6. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  7. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB 3 devices used to work fine, now only work when attached to USB 2 HUB

USB 3 devices used to work fine, now only work when attached to USB 2 HUB: I have a Dell laptop with which I used to use several USB 3 devices for 2+ years. Now they only work when connected via a USB 2 hub. The devices are an XQD card reader and an external hard drive and both work when attached to USB 3 ports on my desktop computer.Because they...
  9. 3 storage devices, only seeing two

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3 storage devices, only seeing two: I have three storage devices. One 1TB m.2, one 500GB SSD, and one 1TB HDD. I just got the SSD and plugged it in. I noticed when I went to disk management it wasn’t popping up so I tried all different power sources thinking maybe it’s a dead port. I pulled out the HDD and...
  10. USB 2 and USB 3 Storage devices not working after WIndows 10 Upgrade

USB 2 and USB 3 Storage devices not working after WIndows 10 Upgrade: Hi my USB USB 2 and USB 3 Storage devices are not working after I upgraded to windows 10 . It used to work before but looks like some of the upgrades patches spoilt it. when I plug in USB 2 or USB 3 device, I do get a sound, but this new drive doesn't appear...