Windows 10: USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

Discus and support USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesJanueswski, Oct 16, 2022.

1. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is running on usb 3.0. I switched it with the capture card and it went back to 2.0. I also ran windows update and checked for updated drivers for the usb ports. This device is plug and play and does not require any additional drivers.Any help would be appreciated.

:)

JamesJanueswski, Oct 16, 2022

2. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?

Hunor Nagy, Oct 16, 2022
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Oct 16, 2022
  4. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

USB Connected device not found by PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

Since you tried the same PS4 controller on a different laptop and failed to connect, resetting the system is not required and assuming that it could be a hardware related issue.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to try these methods and let us know the result of these methods.

Method 1: Steps to reset PS4

1. Turn back the controller.
    2. You should see a tiny reset button. It must be close to the L2 button.
    3. Use a pen or a needle and push the button for 10 seconds.
    4. Connect the controller and check

Method 2: Update HID in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows + X and click on
      Device manager
    2. Click on View tab on the top. Select
      Show hidden devices.
    3. Search & Expand Human Interface Devices and then check for
      HID-complaint game controller.
    4. Right Click on it and select Uninstall.
    5. Restart the PC and plug in the USB PS4 controller to install automatically.

Method 3: Set the PS4 as default app.

1. Press Windows +R key from the keyboard to open Run command.
    2. Type joy.cpl and click OK.
    3. Select the PS4 controller in the list and click on Advanced tab below.
    4. Then select the PS4 controller as preferred device and click OK.

However, you can also refer this Error:
    “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive
    article to troubleshoot, please exclude method 1 and 2 as they are not relevant to PS4.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 16, 2022
Thema:

USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

1. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2 - Similar Threads - USB device connecting

2. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  3. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  4. USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10: Hey!My devices refuse to connect with USB3 instead reverting to USB2. I have external HD supports and has connected with USB3 before, it has a regular USB connector. And I also recently got ROG phone 6 that I connect with USB-C. My computer is Asus TUF Gaming F17 / FX706HM /...
  5. USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10

USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10: Hey!My devices refuse to connect with USB3 instead reverting to USB2. I have external HD supports and has connected with USB3 before, it has a regular USB connector. And I also recently got ROG phone 6 that I connect with USB-C. My computer is Asus TUF Gaming F17 / FX706HM /...
  6. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  7. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  8. USB 3 devices used to work fine, now only work when attached to USB 2 HUB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 devices used to work fine, now only work when attached to USB 2 HUB: I have a Dell laptop with which I used to use several USB 3 devices for 2+ years. Now they only work when connected via a USB 2 hub. The devices are an XQD card reader and an external hard drive and both work when attached to USB 3 ports on my desktop computer.Because they...
  9. my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2

my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2: my usb is being detected as a usb 2 that's a usb 3 port and cable by the oculus app and usb tree and i don't know how to make it work as a usb 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-3-being-detected-as-a-usb-2/711552c9-3958-44a2-9259-b38530ebfa4b
  10. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...