Windows 10: Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

Discus and support Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HunorNagy, Jan 14, 2022.

1. HunorNagy Win User

Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?

:)

HunorNagy, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Shilohbob Win User

will usb 2.0 support usb hub

If the new hub has only 2-3 outlets you may get away with the hub not being powered, If the hub has 3 + hubs I suggest it has it's own power source , also try and get one with all USB 3 or at least a selection of USB 2 & 3.

More devices are coming out supporting USB 3, USB 2 will become obsolete soon.

USB 3 is normally backward capable, but USB 2 will not give the performance of USB 3. USB 3 has greater speed & flexibility.

Shilohbob, Jan 14, 2022
  3. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Lilibet1 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade just stopped recognising my external USB drives on a USB Hub

Hi again,

Okay, did step 3. Now one of the USB Hubs is recognising USBs! But the other one (on the USB 3 port) is not. There are no errors showing up at all. But at least something is working for now!

Lilibet1, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device - Similar Threads - Usb hub recognising

2. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  3. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  4. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  5. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  7. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...
  8. USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.: USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3. In a partitioned drive it only shows one partition. With thumb drives it works okay. I posted this last week but I was hit by scammers, that`s why I`m posting again. Thanks in advance....
  9. Windows not recognising USB hubs adatpers

Windows not recognising USB hubs adatpers: So i have no idea whats going on or how to diagnose this.I have 2 HUB adapters - a Dlink with 7 ports, and an Orico with 9 ports. Both are plugged directly into the motherboard. I've never had any issue for over a year since the first build. I had to reformat last...
  10. USB 3 Hub

USB 3 Hub: I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is...