Windows 10: USB 3 port not working on Windows, error code: 10 in device manager

Discus and support USB 3 port not working on Windows, error code: 10 in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, My usb 3 port is not responding, it's giving me an error. I tried to download the drivers directly from the manufacturer, however they are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Samm101, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Samm101 Win User

USB 3 port not working on Windows, error code: 10 in device manager

Hey,

My usb 3 port is not responding, it's giving me an error.

I tried to download the drivers directly from the manufacturer, however they are not compatible with windows 10.

my motherboard model is Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V.

Please I need assistance

Sam

***Original title: USB xHCI Host Controller error 10***

:)

Samm101, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. Do you see any error in the device manager when the USB is connected?

Before we troubleshoot on the issue, I would suggest you to check if the USB devices work on a different computer. If it does, kindly try the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select
      Update driver
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 3: Disable Selective Suspend feature.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose ‘Power Options’. Click
      ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’

If the issue persists, identify if the USB drive is listed in Disk Management. To do that,

• Right-click on Windows icon and select Disk management and find if the USB drive shows up there.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Device Manager USB Ports

Thank you AUGGY

In Windows 7 it is named Ports (COM & LPT) Communications Port (COM1)

In Windows 10 it is named USB <-> Radio Scanner Cable (there is a yellow triangle in front of the letters USB with a ! Inside of it

Values are

USB\VID_0403&PID_6001&REV_0400

USB\VID_0403_PID_6001

Thank you

SpecialEd66, Oct 14, 2019
  4. jjtyler Win User

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. USB 3 port not working on Windows, error code: 10 in device manager - Similar Threads - USB port working

2. Code 19 Error in Device Manager USB Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 19 Error in Device Manager USB Devices: I use the Logitech Pro X Superlight Wireless as my mouse. As of yesterday, my mouse was working fine wirelessly. I turned off my PC and plugged my mouse in to charge. Today, the mouse no longer works wirelessly, and has to be plugged directly into the computer to work. After...
  3. Code 19 Error in Device Manager USB Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Code 19 Error in Device Manager USB Devices: I use the Logitech Pro X Superlight Wireless as my mouse. As of yesterday, my mouse was working fine wirelessly. I turned off my PC and plugged my mouse in to charge. Today, the mouse no longer works wirelessly, and has to be plugged directly into the computer to work. After...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  5. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  6. Windows 10 device manager USB error code 43

Windows 10 device manager USB error code 43: Hello - every time I plug either my USB HD or flash drive into my laptop USB ports on my Asus laptop I get a code 43 error in device manager. It says: unknown usb device device descriptor request failed - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code...
  7. USB 3 Ports No Longer Work

USB 3 Ports No Longer Work: After updating Windows back in May, my USB 3.0 ports provide power, but no data. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the USB drivers to no avail. I have been unable to find an older version of the drivers to rollback to. I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build...
  8. USB-3 ports not working Windows 10

USB-3 ports not working Windows 10: I don't know when it happened, because I haven't tried to use my USB ports in a while, but today I discovered that all of them are not working. The USB-C port is working fine. I have tried Restarting the computer Changing USB cords, devices, ports Changing the power...
  9. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  10. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...