Windows 10: USB-3 ports being recognized as USB-2 (MacBook Pro using Bootcamp for Windows10)

Discus and support USB-3 ports being recognized as USB-2 (MacBook Pro using Bootcamp for Windows10) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I recently installed Windows10 on my MacBook Pro 2015. Whenever I try to connect something that requires USB-3 into one of the ports, it reads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FluffyReddit26, May 11, 2020.

1. USB-3 ports being recognized as USB-2 (MacBook Pro using Bootcamp for Windows10)

Hello, I recently installed Windows10 on my MacBook Pro 2015. Whenever I try to connect something that requires USB-3 into one of the ports, it reads it as USB-2 (in Windows10). Does anyone have a fix or help?

submitted by /u/FluffyReddit26
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FluffyReddit26, May 11, 2020
  2. BonnieWUD Win User

Windows10 won't recognize 3 of the 4 usb ports

Dell computer running Windows 10 stopped recognizing 3 of 4 usb ports. Only port recognized uses wireless mouse.

BonnieWUD, May 11, 2020
  3. jjtyler Win User
    USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, May 11, 2020
  4. Zeppy_ Win User

USB-3 ports being recognized as USB-2 (MacBook Pro using Bootcamp for Windows10)

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do.

All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.
    USB-3 ports being recognized as USB-2 (MacBook Pro using Bootcamp for Windows10) 8c72b177-c587-412a-bd4e-492b830224f0?upload=true.png

The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports.

If any one has had this issue and fixed it please help me.

Zeppy_, May 11, 2020
Thema:

USB-3 ports being recognized as USB-2 (MacBook Pro using Bootcamp for Windows10)

1. USB-3 ports being recognized as USB-2 (MacBook Pro using Bootcamp for Windows10) - Similar Threads - USB ports being

2. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  3. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  5. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  6. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2

my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2: my usb is being detected as a usb 2 that's a usb 3 port and cable by the oculus app and usb tree and i don't know how to make it work as a usb 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-3-being-detected-as-a-usb-2/711552c9-3958-44a2-9259-b38530ebfa4b
  8. USB 3.0 Ports Being Recognized and used as 2.0s

USB 3.0 Ports Being Recognized and used as 2.0s: Hi, i have a MSI B450M pro bdh max motherboard with 4 usb 3.0 ports, but none of them when looked at trough a usb tree checker work as actual 3.0s, and because of that i cant use my oculus quest in cable mode. as i need this to work for my job as vr developer, this is kinda...
  9. Disabling USB port from being used/recognized in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling USB port from being used/recognized in Windows 10?: My laptop (MSI GS63 7RD Stealth) is constantly making the connect/disconnect hardware sound. As in multiple times a minute. Makes it extremely irritating to use for anything that requires sound. I've used a USB logger to determine that the problem is USB port 6, which...
  10. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10. From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect my usb fflash drive. If I plug in my phone it is just charging the phone from usb but there is no detection of any kind. I...