Windows 10: USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

Discus and support USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zeppy_, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Zeppy_ Win User

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do.

All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices 8c72b177-c587-412a-bd4e-492b830224f0?upload=true.png
    The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports.

If any one has had this issue and fixed it please help me.

:)

Zeppy_, Mar 24, 2020
  2. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Aradiel Win User
    USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB 3 devices, and nothing is showing a yellow x in Device Manager.

Any ideas? The last time I used the front ports was a few weeks ago at most. There have been Windows 10 updates since then, but I don't know specifically when they stopped working.

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices [​IMG]

Edit: Solved. After reading on another forum that powering down solved the problem, I thought I'd try it. I was skeptical, but surprisingly, it worked. Resets did nothing, but powering down for a few minutes, and then turning it back on did restore the USB 3 ports.

Aradiel, Mar 24, 2020
  4. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Regrets the inconvenience caused.

If your USB does not work after you plug it in, it’s probably because of one of the following causes:

• Windows can’t find a driver for the USB device.
    • Windows doesn't recognize the USB device.
    • There's a problem with the device
    • The driver for the device is faulty
    • The device isn't getting enough power
    • The USB port is defective
    Suggest you to check and install all latest and compatible windows 10 drivers from Manufacture's website for your device. Most probably it will fix the issue.

You can check the driver status under General tab, in device Manager. If you suspect that a driver is faulty, contact the manufacturer.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

1. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices - Similar Threads - USB ports working

2. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  3. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Are all USB-C ports USB 3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are all USB-C ports USB 3?: Idk where else to ask this. Do all USB-C ports support USB 3 cables? My USB-C port just has a normal USB port but so does my USB 3.1 Gen1 port. submitted by /u/xMasterMelonx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k05owe/are_all_usbc_ports_usb_3/
  6. USB 3 Ports No Longer Work

USB 3 Ports No Longer Work: After updating Windows back in May, my USB 3.0 ports provide power, but no data. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the USB drivers to no avail. I have been unable to find an older version of the drivers to rollback to. I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build...
  7. usb 3 ports not detected

usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  8. USB-3 ports not working Windows 10

USB-3 ports not working Windows 10: I don't know when it happened, because I haven't tried to use my USB ports in a while, but today I discovered that all of them are not working. The USB-C port is working fine. I have tried Restarting the computer Changing USB cords, devices, ports Changing the power...
  9. 7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly

7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly: I recently aquired a 7 port USB 3 hub. It does not have any identifying marks, so I don't know who manufactured it. It works perfectly fine on a PC running Windows 7, but when connected to any of my Windows 10 PCs I get an unknown device under Universal Serial Bus controllers...
  10. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...