Windows 10: USB-A hard drive not being ejected

Discus and support USB-A hard drive not being ejected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlyMorgan, Nov 15, 2021.

1. AlyMorgan Win User

USB-A hard drive not being ejected

Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers, bluetooth, wifi, connections, everything. It still says that the file is in use. What the heck is really going on?

:)

AlyMorgan, Nov 15, 2021
  2. KRJB Win User

how to eject usb external hard drive

how to eject usb external hard drive that keeps on working

3. ejecting a usb drive in 10

Hi Walden,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing Safely Remove and Eject Media USB icon on the taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "not I can not get it to show up in bottom right lower", are you referring that you are not able to see the Eject USB icon under the show hidden icons?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to understand the system

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 15, 2021
  4. amdcrash Win User

hard drive not ejecting.

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume3\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2008.9-0\MsMpEng.exe with process id 4592 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_1058&PID_25A2\57583831414336394B4A5659.

how do i force eject, concidering how useless the stock safe eject button is. when i click eject. that means i want to eject NOW. not in a minute, not in a second. it means NOW. usually i just rip the hard drive out of the USB slot, because microsoft apparently
    can't tell me what specifically is using my hard drive.

amdcrash, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

1. USB-A hard drive not being ejected - Similar Threads - USB hard drive

2. Unable to eject usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to eject usb hard drive: When trying to eject usb mass storage device it is showing that it is in use by other applications. But after disconnected from internet hard drive easily can be ejected. Is there any web related serious issue ?like Ransomware or anything?I have quickheal antivirus...
  3. Unable to eject usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to eject usb hard drive: When trying to eject usb mass storage device it is showing that it is in use by other applications. But after disconnected from internet hard drive easily can be ejected. Is there any web related serious issue ?like Ransomware or anything?I have quickheal antivirus...
  4. Unable to eject usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB-A hard drive not being ejected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-A hard drive not being ejected: Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers, bluetooth, wifi, connections, everything. It still says that the file is in use. What the heck is really going on?...
  6. USB-A hard drive not being ejected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-A hard drive not being ejected: Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers, bluetooth, wifi, connections, everything. It still says that the file is in use. What the heck is really going on?...
  7. 20h2 - usb hard drive won't eject

20h2 - usb hard drive won't eject: I've searched this forum and tried several solutions with no joy... After running freefilesync yesterday my WD Elements usb drive would not eject using the task manager. Tried explorer but there is no eject option that I can see. Also tried disk management but no eject option...
  8. hard drive not ejecting.

hard drive not ejecting.: The application \Device\HarddiskVolume3\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2008.9-0\MsMpEng.exe with process id 4592 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_1058&PID_25A2\57583831414336394B4A5659. how do i force eject, concidering how useless...
  9. Ejecting usb drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ejecting usb drive: After updating to Windows 10 version 2004, when trying to eject an external usb drive, I continuously receive the error message that the drive is in use and to wait and try again later. No matter how long I wait, this message recurs when nothing I can see is using the drive....
  10. how to eject usb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to eject usb external hard drive: how to eject usb external hard drive that keeps on working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eject-usb-external-hard-drive/379c0bb2-2d84-4414-a1ae-5a6cae18cd8b"