Windows 10: USB after downloading media recovery

Discus and support USB after downloading media recovery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used the USB and I was wondering is there a way to reuse it because when i plug it in my laptop I dont see it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fallfish, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Fallfish Win User

USB after downloading media recovery

I used the USB and I was wondering is there a way to reuse it because when i plug it in my laptop I dont see it

:)

Fallfish, Mar 24, 2020

2. Cannot create recovery drive or bootable usb using media creation tool

Hi Stuart,

To assist you better with your concern, are you getting an error message upon creating a recovery drive, as well as creating a bootable USB drive? If yes, what's the error message?

In addition to that, have you tried the steps from the following articles:

Regards.

Marque Lor, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Rackbrane Win User

Queries about making USB recovery media

Am I right in thinking that after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I should be able to make a bootable USB including a system image without having to copy install.wim from the downloaded media, placing it on the C: partition and setting the appropriate entry in ReagentC?

As I can only make such a bootable USB after performing the above steps, does this mean that if I subsequently delete the install.wim and ReagentC entry, I will not be able to effect a recovery from the hard drive alone?

Recovery media seems to be fussy about the type of flash drive I use. I can make the full recovery drive including the system image on a Sandisk Cruzer Blade, but if instead I try using a Sandisk Cruzer Edge of the same size, I can only make a boot USB without the image. Otherwise I get the message 'We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive'. Why is this?

Rackbrane, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. USB after downloading media recovery - Similar Threads - USB downloading media

2. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media: In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If both can help, When use the first and when the second…?...
  3. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media: In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If both can help, When use the first and when the second…?...
  4. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB Installation Media and/or Recovery Partition Overhaul???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Installation Media and/or Recovery Partition Overhaul???: So as a newbie to this whole process, I’ve been reading various webpages and threads here. I’m still confused to do the following: Create a USB installation drive which includes all the necessary updated drivers. I ended up using Powershell to add drivers to both boot.wim...
  6. Usb recovery media failed

Usb recovery media failed: I noticed I had alot of hard disk bad block errors in the event viewer so I ran the check disk tool but when the pc rebooted I got a blue screen with ntfs error. Everytime the pc rebooted that bsod came up. I tried booting from the usb recovery I created and tried start up...
  7. Lenovo USB Recovery Media

Lenovo USB Recovery Media: Hi I accidentally deleted the OKR Recovery partition on my lenovo ideapad 500s laptop. I bought USB Recovery from Lenovo service. When I install Recovery via USB, windows 10 is installing the old version. The USB install.wim file is encrypted. How can I add new version...
  8. How to recovery a USB from after used for installation media?

How to recovery a USB from after used for installation media?: Recently I used my 2TB portable hard drive as installation media to repair my system. But hey, after that, this drive became only 32GB. And to format this drive cannot solve this problem. So, how do I recovery it back to 2TB status? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. how to download usb to media player

how to download usb to media player: need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-usb-to-media-player/e3d861b3-115d-4d55-bacb-3f08654a2e5c
  10. Queries about making USB recovery media

in Windows 10 Support
    Queries about making USB recovery media: Am I right in thinking that after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I should be able to make a bootable USB including a system image without having to copy install.wim from the downloaded media, placing it on the C: partition and setting the appropriate entry in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bootable usb not woking with cruzer edge 32gb