Windows 10: USB and Bluetooth suddenly disconnect

Discus and support USB and Bluetooth suddenly disconnect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have had a weird thing happen to me recently where all of my USB ports and Bluetooth suddenly disconnects. The only way to get everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArthurBarker1, Sep 2, 2021.

1. USB and Bluetooth suddenly disconnect

Hi there, I have had a weird thing happen to me recently where all of my USB ports and Bluetooth suddenly disconnects. The only way to get everything back going again is to restart the computer. Does anyone know why this is happening?Cheers, Arthur

:)

ArthurBarker1, Sep 2, 2021

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Sep 2, 2021
  3. jerriy Win User
    Bluetooth is not working — troubleshoot claims I don't even have it

I have done all the following steps:

- installed bluetooth driver from manufacturer
    - hit windows update
    - updated / uninstalled bluetooth items listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC
    - updated / uninstalled USB drivers listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC (USB drivers automatically came back but not bluetooth)
    - turned on and restarted all bluetooth support in services.msc
    - conducted bluetooth troubleshooting
    - conducted hardware troubleshooting

jerriy, Sep 2, 2021
  4. USB and Bluetooth suddenly disconnect

How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

USB and Bluetooth suddenly disconnect

1. USB and Bluetooth suddenly disconnect - Similar Threads - USB Bluetooth suddenly

2. USB/Bluetooth Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB/Bluetooth Disconnecting and Reconnecting: All my USB, and apparently bluetooth, devices disconnect and reconnect persistently but sporadically. There's times where it happens 4 times in as many minutes, other times it'll be hours between each instance. And this occurs without regard to whether programs are running....
  3. USB/Bluetooth Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB/Bluetooth Disconnecting and Reconnecting: All my USB, and apparently bluetooth, devices disconnect and reconnect persistently but sporadically. There's times where it happens 4 times in as many minutes, other times it'll be hours between each instance. And this occurs without regard to whether programs are running....
  4. Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: I use a usb Bluetooth receiver to connect my controller Ps4 Controller to the computer wireless and just one day it suddenly just stopped working, i bought 2 other usb bluetooth receiver and they seems to not work. Any ideas why it stopped working?...
  5. Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: I use a usb Bluetooth receiver to connect my controller Ps4 Controller to the computer wireless and just one day it suddenly just stopped working, i bought 2 other usb bluetooth receiver and they seems to not work. Any ideas why it stopped working?...
  6. Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth suddenly disconnects

Bluetooth suddenly disconnects: Hi I was using wireless earphones on my Dell inspiron 5391, when they suddenly disconnected. When I went into settings the device was still listed as paired but it said "Bluetooth is turned off", the option to turn bluetooth on disappeared when my earphones disconnected. It...
  8. Bluetooth suddenly disconnects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth suddenly disconnects: Hi I was using wireless earphones on my Dell inspiron 5391, when they suddenly disconnected. When I went into settings the device was still listed as paired but it said "Bluetooth is turned off", the option to turn bluetooth on disappeared when my earphones disconnected. It...
  9. Bluetooth suddenly disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Bluetooth causing USB-headset to disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth causing USB-headset to disconnect: Hi! Whenever I have Bluetooth on and use my Logitech G35 headset, the headset disconnects then comes back, oscillating back and forth in a 5 second window. 2 seconds from headset, 3 seconds from built in speakers (laptop). In settings under "Bluetooth & other devices" I get...