Windows 10: USB and card reader stopped working

Discus and support USB and card reader stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both USB ports and card reader stopped working after an update. They do not show up anywhere. I've tried uninstalling USB devices and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ddav09, Dec 27, 2020.

1. ddav09 Win User

USB and card reader stopped working

Both USB ports and card reader stopped working after an update. They do not show up anywhere. I've tried uninstalling USB devices and then restarting. No change. Multiple beeps on startup as when something is connected or disconnected from one of them, but nothing happens. Because it happened after an update, it seems that is likely the cause of the problem but I don't know how to tell or what to do next. All were working fine prior to update.

:)

ddav09, Dec 27, 2020

2. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Johnny andre, Dec 27, 2020
  3. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

นทีเรืองปะคำ, Dec 27, 2020
  4. USB and card reader stopped working

DavidBaileyyz, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

USB and card reader stopped working

1. USB and card reader stopped working - Similar Threads - USB card reader

2. External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working: I was merging files together on my SD card, and suddenly the drive stopped letting me interact with it in my file explorer. The drive now shows at having 0 bytes of space, and in the disk management application it says "no media." I have restarted my computer, and I still...
  3. USB Smart Card Reader Stops Working After Reboot - Not Hardware Related

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Smart Card Reader Stops Working After Reboot - Not Hardware Related: I have a smart card reader (SCR3310) that stops doing much of anything any time I reboot my computer. Essentially, after a reboot, the card reader just won't detect any smart cards. It may also be worth noting that I leave my PC running almost all the time and generally only...
  4. USB CF Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB CF Card reader: I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one , tried with other cards , and even tried on my surface which gets same updated as my PC. I have unistalled USB drivers an windows...
  5. External USB card reader is not working

External USB card reader is not working: Dears, I have 2 windows laptops and I have a USB memory card reader. On one laptop it works fine while on the other laptop windows can even detect it. What is the problem and how can I fix it? I would be grateful for any help. Thank you...
  6. Card reader & 2 USB ports not working.

Card reader & 2 USB ports not working.: Hi, I've installed again latest drivers of USB and Card Reader. But my 2 usb ports of right side and card reader aren't working. The other 2 USB ports are working. This started happening after installing windows updates of couple of months ago. Kindly tell me how to fix...
  7. USB Card Reader Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Card Reader Issue: no longer functioning WIN 10 plugged in to USB network port on HP All in one Stopped working 10 days ago...WIN update issue? Saw a security ERROR warning - reconnecting to Z:...SMB2 protocol Connection not restored? How to fix...troubleshooting has not worked...
  8. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136
  9. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136
  10. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733