Windows 10: USB asking to get permission to copy a file

Discus and support USB asking to get permission to copy a file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rithvik Pranav, May 26, 2023.

1. USB asking to get permission to copy a file

I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get permission and then try it.

:)

Rithvik Pranav, May 26, 2023
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 26, 2023
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 26, 2023
  4. Maria Fab Win User

USB asking to get permission to copy a file

Error of asking permission from the administrator

Hello,

The error message that asks permission usually appears when you don't have administrator rights to copy a file or folder. To determine the cause of the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Were you able to copy files before without any error?
    • Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Niranjan Manjhi on this
    post. It includes guidelines on how to take ownership of a file or folder,
    turn off the User Account Control (UAC) which is necessary in preventing unauthorized changes to your computer, and enabling the hidden built-in administrator account on your PC. This was marked as an answer and a lot of Community members
    claimed it as helpful and that it solved their problem.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, May 26, 2023
Thema:

USB asking to get permission to copy a file

1. USB asking to get permission to copy a file - Similar Threads - USB asking permission

2. USB asking to get permission to copy a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB asking to get permission to copy a file: I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get permission and then try it....
  3. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  4. copy files with permission issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy files with permission issues: trying to copy files from external drive from local user to azure joined user, but getting permission errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-files-with-permission-issues/ce5f122f-b974-4ddc-aeaf-6bdeeb085aff
  5. Asking permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking permission: Every time i try go into certain websites it tells me i need permission to get into them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-permission/497b942a-eb28-4de9-95b5-e56262ff630e
  6. I'm getting 'Ask for permission' and can't resolve it

I'm getting 'Ask for permission' and can't resolve it: I'm getting 'Ask for permission' trying to install a game for my kids. First of all I shouldn't be asked that cause I'm administrator of this PC and also I'm signed in with MS account. And, second, when I press 'Ask by mail' button I get 'Something went wrong' and 'We’re...
  7. Asking permission

Asking permission: I just logged on to my new computer with my Microsoft account which is an adult account btw and it keeps making me ask for permission and when I click ask for permission it says that something went wrong and it's trying it'sits trying fix it...
  8. get file permissions

get file permissions: Is there any easy way to get the permissions associatied with a directory using Python? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-file-permissions/11362785-023c-435c-b577-7cb103e81e43
  9. Ghost copies of files on USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost copies of files on USB?: So, I fairly regularly copy files from a Mac to a Windows machine via USB stick. It's formatted to exfat And when I open the tab stick on my windows machine I left over .file files left from items that have been but are no longer on the USB stick.. what are they? (They...
  10. no permission to copy files on network

no permission to copy files on network: I have two computers connected to my Network. One of the computer desktop run W10 Pro 1809/64 and connected by Ethernet. The other computer laptop run W10 Home 1803/64 and connected by WiFi. Computers see themselves each other, but attempt of the copying of files from one...