Windows 10: "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" naming/labeling error

Discus and support "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" naming/labeling error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I was fiddling around with formatting one of my USB flash drive and for some odd reason, whenever I disconnect the flash drive it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kanade, Apr 28, 2020.

1. kanade Win User

"USB attached SCSI mass storage device" naming/labeling error

Hello everyone,

I was fiddling around with formatting one of my USB flash drive and for some odd reason, whenever I disconnect the flash drive it's now displaying "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" instead of "USB Mass Storage Device".

"USB attached SCSI mass storage device" naming/labeling error [​IMG]

Here is the driver being installed for my flash drive at the moment:

Under normal circumstances, it should look something like this instead:

I've tried uninstalling this "SCSI" driver via device manager however, when I connect the same USB again, it'll show the same thing. I also tried installing the new driver for it though, it doesn't display the usual USB mass storage device anywhere on the list. When I install "Disk Drive" (as shown below), it'll install the SCSI driver, not USB Mass Storage Device driver.

All in all, how do you fix this naming/labeling problem of USB? I couldn't find anyone else having this problem except for one person, who has posted the exact same issue years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-0fe3c3aeba93
    Yet, the thread didn't end with solutions so I'm lost as to what I need to do next in order to fix this problem.

Thank you and I greatly appreciate your help. I've been searching answers for hours and it's driving me nuts at the moment...

:)

kanade, Apr 28, 2020
  2. kanade Win User

Hello everyone,

I was fiddling around with formatting one of my USB flash drive and for some odd reason, whenever I disconnect the flash drive it's now displaying "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" instead of "USB Mass Storage Device".

Here is the driver being installed for my flash drive at the moment:

Under normal circumstances, it should look something like this instead:

I've tried uninstalling this "SCSI" driver via device manager however, when I connect the same USB again, it'll show the same thing. I also tried installing the new driver for it though, it doesn't display the usual USB mass storage device anywhere on the list. When I install "Disk Drive" (as shown below), it'll install the SCSI driver, not USB Mass Storage Device driver.

All in all, how do you fix this naming/labeling problem of USB? I couldn't find anyone else having this problem except for one person, who has posted the exact same issue years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-0fe3c3aeba93
    Yet, the thread didn't end with solutions so I'm lost as to what I need to do next in order to fix this problem.

Thank you and I greatly appreciate your help. I've been searching answers for hours and it's driving me nuts at the moment...

kanade, Apr 28, 2020
  3. kanade Win User

Oh... But I'm 100% sure that this same flash drive was using "USB Mass Storage Device" for its driver instead of SCSI. Or maybe I saw it wrong?

I've just plugged in every single flash drives and external HDD that I have and half are using SCSI while the other half are using USB Mass Storage Device. They're all USB 3.0.

So it all comes down to whether it uses old or new protocols?

kanade, Apr 28, 2020
  4. KevH123 Win User

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi there:

I have a Seagate USB portable drive and I mainly use it to connect to my ASUS Oplay! media player to watch the content on TV.

This device use to be an USB mass storage device.

Recently, I noticed whenever I eject my seagte portable drive, the device is showing as ""USB attached SCSI mass storage device" instead of a regular "USB mass storage device". This is when my media player stopped recognising the portable drive (showing
    the device is not supported). The portable drive works fine on my Windows 10 PC, just not recognising by my media player anymore.

Wondering if anyone can point out how I can restore my portable hard drive back to a generic USB mass storage device instead of being a "USB attached SCSI mass storage device".

Thank you.

KevH123, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" naming/labeling error - Similar Threads - USB attached SCSI

2. USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: Hi the community,I need help. I recently bought a Seagate Iron Wolf USB 3.0 When I plug it to one of my USB 3.0 port of my Asus Rampage IV Extrem, the HDD is recognized and works fine. But when I restart the computer or go to sleep mode and awake the computer, it is not found...
  3. Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: Alright this thread will be used for internets great minds that pry on Microsoft looking to upload their brain power not for Microsoft to reply with standard stuff. Now it is a question and a plea for help is I'm at a roads end. *******Lets Begin, okay so im using a middle...
  4. Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: Alright this thread will be used for internets great minds that pry on Microsoft looking to upload their brain power not for Microsoft to reply with standard stuff. Now it is a question and a plea for help is I'm at a roads end. *******Lets Begin, okay so im using a middle...
  5. USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.: Hello, I've been having issues with an external USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure, it's been disconnecting mid-download and sometimes mid-installation on my laptop.I have, somehow, boiled it down to the Mass Storage Device driver I think. Within testing, I was able to somehow...
  6. USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.: Hello, I've been having issues with an external USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure, it's been disconnecting mid-download and sometimes mid-installation on my laptop.I have, somehow, boiled it down to the Mass Storage Device driver I think. Within testing, I was able to somehow...
  7. USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.

USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device issues.: Hello, I've been having issues with an external Hard Drive Enclosure, it's been disconnecting mid-download and sometimes mid-installation.I have, somehow, boiled it down to the Mass Storage Device driver I think. Within testing, I was able to somehow disable the driver and...
  8. USB attached SCSI UAS mass storage device

USB attached SCSI UAS mass storage device: Window found the driver but do not I installing due to encountered error plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-attached-scsi-uas-mass-storage-device/14abd0a9-522d-47c0-b50c-8c090159e377
  9. Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: Hi there, I have a 1 TB Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive which is almost 4 months old. A few days ago, when I tried to use the safely remove feature I got the error message "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device" "This device is currently in use....
  10. USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device

USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device: hi there, i have an external segate USB 3.0 hard drive. when i am connecting it to my PC (either to a usb 3/regular port) for some reason it is recognized as a "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device" I installed of course all of my drivers including the chipset....