Windows 10: USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update

Discus and support USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This issues happens every time a major Windows update is completed on my computer. But this time I can't get it to work. I use an USB audio interface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 70GTO, Dec 30, 2021.

1. 70GTO Win User

USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update

This issues happens every time a major Windows update is completed on my computer. But this time I can't get it to work. I use an USB audio interface made by Novation - Audiohub 2x4 to listen to my albums from my turntables. I listen to my music mainly on Foobar 2000 through my Schiit Modi DAC to my Schiit Magni headphone amp. Normally I've been able to go into the Sound>Recording and right-click on Properties and then select the Listen tab to Check Mark the "Listen to this device" and be able to listen to my albums through my USB interface through my computer's music system Schiit Modi an

:)

70GTO, Dec 30, 2021
  2. WHAT21A Win User

Listen this this device, intermittently stops working

I have line in audio going through my sound card which i listen to via the "Listen to this device" function in the audio properties.

Intermittently the audio stops playing and i have to mute the source in the volume mixer and then un mute to get it working again, this happens at seemingly random times, sometimes a few seconds after i have muted and un muted to get audio back and sometimes
    10-20 minutes later but it always happens eventually.

I have confirmed that the audio is still playing and the line in is still receiving and playing audio but is not being transmitted by my chosen audio out device.

I have confirmed this with on board optical audio, a USB headset and a speakers plugged into an external sound card, the problem persists on all devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

WHAT21A, Dec 30, 2021
  3. Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended.

An explanation of my setup:

My PC is connected to 2 audio outputs. One being my stereo speakers, and the other being my headphones.

My headphones, however, are connected to one of my monitors that has audio output.

My TV is connected to my PC's line-in port.

I used to use all three of these devices in conjunction with no issues. I'd simply switch audio sources (Speakers to Headphones, vise versa) and the line-in would go with it. However, I'm finding that the "Listen to this device" option doesn't work anymore.

The weird thing is, if I go through my speaker's properties and turn the Line-in port all the way up, I hear my TV's audio through my stereo speakers just fine. There aren't any signs of audio signal when viewing "Line-In" in the recording tab though, even
    when it is audibly playing. I can only listen to it through my stereo speakers this way.

In no way am I currently able to listen to my TV's audio through my headphones.

I've eliminated certain possibilities.

It is not hardware related. All other audio works with headphones connected to PC. Line-in cable works as I can hear it after turning it up in the Speaker's properties, but not when clicking "Listen to this device".

It has to be software related.

Does anyone have any idea what to do?

I've checked the drivers, I've force reset the Windows Audio service, twice. I've done just about everything which any support forum or video suggested.

I can usually get around this sort of thing, but I'm stumped.

I am trying to avoid doing a clean OS install on this PC. I've had to do it 2 times within the past month due to an unrelated issue.

I'm unsure as if it stopped working after one of these resets.

Any help is appreciated!

Jaret Sanchez, Dec 30, 2021
  4. xBruce88x Win User

USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update

WinTV-1800 Pass through Audio?

let me look up that model of the card and see what i can find out.

edit: their site really sux... no real information about the hardware. If I found the right one, your's has two RCA connectors near the bottom of the card. I'm guessing this is the Line-In feature for this card.

this is the best I can think of... (assuming windows 7 properly detects the hardware's line in)

Step One: Plug in the audio from the PS3 to the RCA on the tuner
    Step Two: Right click the speaker icon near the clock on the start menu and select "Recording Devices"
    Step Three: Look for anything listed that relates to your TV tuner's Line-In, make sure it is enabled. When it says its "Ready" right click on it and select "Properties"
    Step Four: Click the "Listen" tab
    Step Five: place a check in "Listen to this device" and in the dropdown menu under that select your speakers for the playback.
    Step six: Play a game and test the audio... If its working Enjoy!
    Optional step... go back to step three, when the properties box comes up click the "Levels" tab. Here you can adjust the input volume of the device

Hope this helps, and that it lets you do so

edit: should you decide to get an adapter for the rca, these steps are pretty much the same for the line in on your sound card.

xBruce88x, Dec 30, 2021
Thema:

1. USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update - Similar Threads - USB audio inteface

2. Audio Line In Listen Device Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Line In Listen Device Issue: I am on Windows 11, running a stream setup with GOXLR. In order to have my audio route through my wireless headset I have to go into properties for line in and set the listen to device to my headset Astro A50. This works and I have no issue until I reset my PC. THE SETTINGS...
  3. Audio Line In Listen Device Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Line In Listen Device Issue: I am on Windows 11, running a stream setup with GOXLR. In order to have my audio route through my wireless headset I have to go into properties for line in and set the listen to device to my headset Astro A50. This works and I have no issue until I reset my PC. THE SETTINGS...
  4. USB audio interface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB audio interface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1...: This issues happens every time a major Windows update is completed on my computer. But this time I can't get it to work. I use an USB audio interface made by Novation - Audiohub 2x4 to listen to my albums from my turntables. I listen to my music mainly on Foobar 2000 through...
  5. USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update: This issues happens every time a major Windows update is completed on my computer. But this time I can't get it to work. I use an USB audio interface made by Novation - Audiohub 2x4 to listen to my albums from my turntables. I listen to my music mainly on Foobar 2000 through...
  6. USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update: This issues happens every time a major Windows update is completed on my computer. But this time I can't get it to work. I use an USB audio interface made by Novation - Audiohub 2x4 to listen to my albums from my turntables. I listen to my music mainly on Foobar 2000 through...
  7. Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device

Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device: Hi, I was trying out the feature "listen to this device" under the listen table for Jack Mic Properties. I noticed that if it is checked, people can't heard me during online skype meeting most of the time. They will comment that my voice is breaking or can't hear me or...
  8. Line in listening not working

Line in listening not working: I started using the line in functionality back in march of 2019 and it was working fine, about the time I left for school it stopped working. I am now back using my desktop and I can't get the line in to work again. I have gone in to command prompt and restarted windows audio...
  9. Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended.

Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended.: An explanation of my setup: My PC is connected to 2 audio outputs. One being my stereo speakers, and the other being my headphones. My headphones, however, are connected to one of my monitors that has audio output. My TV is connected to my PC's line-in port. I used to...
  10. Line in audio not working after update

Line in audio not working after update: Hello, I set up my PC speakers to be my main audio device, and that included using the Line in port to play audio from my tv, plugging my tv (via it's audio out port) to the back of my motherboard. The previous Windows 10 update broke everything and I had to set it up...