Windows 10: USB audio recording level too high

Discus and support USB audio recording level too high in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am havinng problems with audio clipping when recording video from USB input. Even with Recording/ Line in/ Level set to 0, audio is too high.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dsburns001, Jun 27, 2020.

1. USB audio recording level too high

Hi, I am havinng problems with audio clipping when recording video from USB input. Even with Recording/ Line in/ Level set to 0, audio is too high. Running Win 10 Home with latest updates on a HP V104 i5 notebook will all latest audio & USB drivers. Have run both Windows and HP diagnostics to no avail. Any ideas please? Thanks

:)

dsburns001, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 27, 2020
  3. chris319 Win User
    USB Sound Recording Level

Does anyone know where in the Windows 10 registry the audio recording levels are stored?

I am experiencing very low audio recording levels from a USB interface (Mackie Blackjack).

The audio recording levels are set to 100 for this device but are still quite low.

Thank you.

chris319, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

USB audio recording level too high

Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

USB audio recording level too high

1. USB audio recording level too high - Similar Threads - USB audio recording

2. Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels: I use the Windows alarm every morning to wake me up and at my normal audio of 20 it just doesn't cut it, so every night I have to turn my volume up all the way and turn down other applications that use audio to keep them at normal levels, however, it seems like having the...
  3. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  4. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  5. Very high sound at low audio level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very high sound at low audio level: I feel like my PC has 100% volume when it's just 10-15%. I tried updating my audio drivers but it did not solve the problem... My headphone is using USB, but probably it have nothing to do with the problem cause the problem still stands in all the audio devices i have...
  6. Mic level is too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic level is too low: Hi all. I got a generic (amazon) camera that has a mic built in. The video part is running fine but the mic level (sound on the other side) is not. The generic driver is up to date. The control panel | sound | recording |Microphone | Properties | level is set at 100% I...
  7. Microphone level too quiet.

Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  8. Audio too loud even if the volume level is low

Audio too loud even if the volume level is low: I used to set the level to around 60%, however now I get the same loudness from 6 - 8%. This happened suddenly when I ran Audacity. The device I am using is Logitech G633 Gaming Headset. I have so far tried several solutions from other similar questions posted here and on...
  9. CPU use too high, audio crackles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU use too high, audio crackles: Hi! A remote Microsoft agent recently did "configuration" changes and in-place upgrades to fix my unresponsive keyboard and touchpad (they work once in a while, and if I boot to Linux flash drive they work great). Keyboard and touchpad still don't work, and now the CPU is...
  10. USB Sound Recording Level

USB Sound Recording Level: Does anyone know where in the Windows 10 registry the audio recording levels are stored? I am experiencing very low audio recording levels from a USB interface (Mackie Blackjack). The audio recording levels are set to 100 for this device but are still quite low....