Windows 10: usb autoplay

Discus and support usb autoplay in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I plug in a USB or external drive the autoplay does not open an explorer the way it used to. The auto run/auto play settings have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdwardVolkert, May 16, 2019 at 4:47 PM.

1. usb autoplay

When I plug in a USB or external drive the autoplay does not open an explorer the way it used to. The auto run/auto play settings have not changed-what's wrong?

:)

EdwardVolkert, May 16, 2019 at 4:47 PM

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

usb autoplay autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 16, 2019 at 4:49 PM
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Problems with autoplay and my JVC camcorder

Hi Marchony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

Method 3 : Follow these steps to specify what should happen when you insert different types of digital media into your computer.

1. Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button, in the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay.

2. Under MEDIA, find the type of media that you want to change the AutoPlay setting for.

3. Click the action that you want AutoPlay to take when you insert CD/DVD into your computer.

4. Click Save.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thanks.

4. usb autoplay

autoplay feature

Hi Drivhardd,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question for better clarification on the issues.

1. Do you have any issues? Do you see any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps given below to fix this.

a) Open AutoPlay by pressing Windows key + W,

b) Enter AutoPlay in the search box, Click on Settings, and then click on AutoPlay.

c) In the drop-down list next to the device or type of media, choose Open folder to view files.

d) Please Check the Option Use Autoplay for all media and devices.

e) Click on Save.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Sudharshan M K, May 16, 2019 at 4:49 PM
Thema:

usb autoplay

1. usb autoplay - Similar Threads - usb autoplay

2. I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.: The only things listed there are: CD/DVD USB CD/DVD Hard Disk : Windows Boot Manager (ADATA SX6000NP) USB Hard Disk Network : UEFI : PXE IP4 KIller PCIe Network Controller Disabled And because of that, the only options I can boot into is the network and the Hard Disk....
  3. usb ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb ports not working: usb ports not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-not-working/beff32fe-4665-4b0d-9c8b-bd652f1bd229
  4. Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?

Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?: I have an Apple USB B to Ethernet adapter that I used on my Mac before I purchased my surface, it works perfectly well on my Apple product but not on my surface. Is there a driver I can apply to make it work?...
  5. USB Error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    USB Error: I sometimes get "USB device not recognised" popup when connecting my WD 8TB external drive into USB 3.0 ports Checked the drive on another machine and never get the error. Are my ports bad ? 132999
  6. Windows 10 USB Install - Error Loop 0x000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 USB Install - Error Loop 0x000021a: So I just posted this question, but of course... Something happened and now it's not showing up... So I'm not spending as much time giving every detail like my last post... I installed a used HD into a different computer, the HD is known to work, which is why I changed it,...
  7. Device Setup/Installing USB Mass Storage Device Runs Every Time

Device Setup/Installing USB Mass Storage Device Runs Every Time: Greetings! I have two identical HP xw4600 Workstations running Windows 10. They each have an add-on card for USB-C. Connected to that USB-C expansion card is a USB-C hub that has 3 standard USB 3.0 ports plus two card reading slots. Again, both machines have this same...
  8. How to disable autoplay when USB pluggedIn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable autoplay when USB pluggedIn: Hi I am developing a UWP app. In this app there is a feature to connect the USB device. So when I connect the USB a USB's folder is open automatically and my app goes to behind this folder or minimised. So can I make default system Auto Play setting as "No Action" or any...
  9. How to disable autoplay when USB pluggedin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable autoplay when USB pluggedin: Hi I am developing a UWP app. In this app there is a feature to connect the USB device. So when I connect the USB a USB's folder is open automatically and my app goes to behind this folder or minimised. So can I make default system Auto Play setting as "No Action" or any...
  10. Autoplay keeps pops up constantly for USB hub

Autoplay keeps pops up constantly for USB hub: A friend's laptop recently got upgraded to W10. Since that, an autoplay box has been popping up constantly in reference to an H: or I: drive. Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB hub attached to the laptop stops the message box, but on next boot it comes up again. I've...