Windows 10: USB bitlocker

Discus and support USB bitlocker in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all i put a password on a USB using bitocker on windows 10 but i can't open the USB with the password and the recovery key as it says is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacobGrass, Mar 20, 2021.

1. USB bitlocker

Hello all i put a password on a USB using bitocker on windows 10 but i can't open the USB with the password and the recovery key as it says is not correct what to do in order to recover it ty :.

:)

JacobGrass, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

Bitlocker USB

Hi, Margaret.

BitLocker requires you to have a USB key in able to access the information. You can create a USB key by using a blank thumb drive or USB drive formatted to NTFS OR FAT32 and follow these steps:

• Click Start and go to Control Panel.
    • Look for System and Security then click it.
    • Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Under BitLocker Drive Encryption, click Turn on BitLocker.
    • Choose how you want to unlock your drive during startup: Insert a USB flash drive or
      Enter a Password and then click Next.
    • On the How Do You Want To Store Your Recovery Key Page, click Save the Recovery Key To A File.
    • In the Save BitLocker Recovery Key As dialog box, choose a save location, and then click
      Save.
    • You can now print the recovery key if you want to. When you have finished, click
      Next.
    • On the Are You Ready To Encrypt This Drive page, click Start Encrypting.

Note: Do not remove the USB flash drive until the encryption process is complete. How long the encryption process takes depends on the size of the drive and other factors.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 20, 2021
  3. BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

win10freak, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Paola Gar Win User

USB bitlocker

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

USB bitlocker

1. USB bitlocker - Similar Threads - USB bitlocker

2. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  3. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  4. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking: I have Two BitLocker-enabled USB flash drives attached to my Windows 10 Pro PC. Both require me to enter the recovery key each time I rebook to PC, which I think is normal. However, one of them locks from time to time without rebooting, requiring me to enter the recovery key...
  6. BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking: I have Two BitLocker-enabled USB flash drives attached to my Windows 10 Pro PC. Both require me to enter the recovery key each time I rebook to PC, which I think is normal. However, one of them locks from time to time without rebooting, requiring me to enter the recovery key...
  7. BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking

8. How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?: I have a USB drive and I wanted to test out what Bitlocker did Without Googling it, chose a password Forgot it for a day, and test it out. I find it annoying that I have to type "password" My literal password to open it. If someone could please help me I would be grateful....
  9. How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?

How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?: I have a USB drive and I wanted to test out what Bitlocker did Without Googling it, chose a password Forgot it for a day, and test it out. I find it annoying that I have to type "password" My literal password to open it. If someone could please help me I would be grateful....
  10. How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware