Windows 10: USB boot failure after long series of startup failures

Discus and support USB boot failure after long series of startup failures in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Surface Laptop3 bought in March 2020. Yesterday it failed to start and i went through all the usual steps including a failed Reset. Multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shackwork, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Shackwork Win User

USB boot failure after long series of startup failures

I have a Surface Laptop3 bought in March 2020. Yesterday it failed to start and i went through all the usual steps including a failed Reset. Multiple automatic repair failures and a log message about a partition table error 0x490.

The second of two Microsoft Windows advisors suggested i reinstall Windows using a bootable USB. I did that but it leaves me without access to the internet and keyboard, so i am unable to enter the username to set up the new installation.

I can interrupt it with a hard reboot 2x interrupting the circling dots then F12 -- keyboard works fine during that. I read the posts of similar problems that seem to have been corrected only by replacing the hard drive.

Any help will be most welcome, or should i just try to find someone who can change the hard drive?

thanks

:)

Shackwork, Sep 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Disk Boot Failure!

I'm On My Friends Old Computer!!!!!!!!1

NO MORE DISK BOOT FAILURE!!!!

Franklinwallbrown, Sep 2, 2020
  4. USB boot failure after long series of startup failures

Disk Boot Failure!

No, I wasn't able to boot either disk. Only: BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

Franklinwallbrown, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

USB boot failure after long series of startup failures

1. USB boot failure after long series of startup failures - Similar Threads - USB boot failure

2. Boot failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot failure: Hello Microsoft communityI have been facing issues with the startup, it doesn’t start upLaptop: Alienware 17 R5 i7 1. It’s also not going into auto repair modeI have added screenshotsPlease help in fixing this issuesThanks...
  3. Booting failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting failure: My PC was booting and brings black with curser and i gave someone to fix for me but he changed active partition and other things which i'm not familiar with and now it wont boot and it only opens into boot menu Please can you me to get solution also if the solution will need...
  4. Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Failure: Running Win 10 Pro with latest updates. I have recently been getting very slow garbage downs. When I next power up the machine, I often get the ASUS splash screen with a moving circle, but it doesn't boot all the way. I have to shut down with the power button and then start...
  5. Failure to startup

Failure to startup: My laptop fails to start up after I reset the device. Now what i can see only screen is this blue screen. If I choose any option below then the laptop restart itself. It then comes back to this blue screen. I have tried command prompt>start up repair, the laptop restarts then...
  6. Startup & Boot Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup & Boot Failure: Recently, My laptop ran into a Malware problem the antivirus Kaspersky removed it but after a while my laptop ran into bsod but i recovered from that again while using the laptop while opening memory consuming apps lile chrome Photoshop the screen flickers into black screen...
  7. Boot Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Failure: Hi i have been having a boot failure at startup and a message saying to install disk to repair the problem. but i lost my installation disk a while back . I think i had ordered a copy of my instillation disk but i cant remember where it was from. If anyone can offer some...
  8. Boot failure

Boot failure: I noticed that some viruses and trojans had infected my Windows 10 pro desktop. Therefore I tried uninstalling those trojans from control panel>uninstall a program. After that when I rebooted my desktop, the windows boot screen appeared and after that instead of taking me to...
  9. USB FAILURE

USB FAILURE: 3 out of my 4 USB ports suddenly (a week maybe) quit working. I went to Device Manager and unchecked the power management option for power saving, but no help. Clicking on each individual port says this divice is working. Rebooting several times was no help. The one that...
  10. USB failure

USB failure: Problem with win 10 usb not recognizing devices ? Is there a better driver to fix usb recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-failure/d8ea8486-3e39-4588-bf65-26ba43f3c2ae