Windows 10: USB boot install crashing? No issues with Ubuntu?

Discus and support USB boot install crashing? No issues with Ubuntu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try and do a USB install, it blue screens after the windows logo shows and before the first OS install options screen. All hardware is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mymuddyfeet, Apr 14, 2021.

1. USB boot install crashing? No issues with Ubuntu?

When I try and do a USB install, it blue screens after the windows logo shows and before the first OS install options screen.

All hardware is common/popular and about a year old.

I've tried Rufus to build the usb iso with MBR and UEFI from two different ISO downloads. Also tried the Media Creation tool.

Ubuntu works just fine from same usb drive using UEFI, so I don't believe it's a bios, hardware or HCL issue.

Swapped memory just in case.

I'm out of ideas.

submitted by /u/mymuddyfeet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mymuddyfeet, Apr 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 boot menu only gives me 'turn pc off' option while installing Ubuntu Operating System on it.

Hi Alinaalam,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by Linux website regarding the dual boot of Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

Dual-Boot Ubuntu 15.04/14.10 And Windows 10/8.1/8: Step By Step Tutorial With Screenshots - Linux.com

Welcome to the Ubuntu installation guide:

Installation - Community Help Wiki

If you still facing the further issues, then I recommend you to post your query in the
    Ubuntu forum for further support.

http://ubuntuforums.org/

Please get back to us with an update on issue with installing Ubuntu in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu.
    Selecting it has no effect. The efibootmgr has ubuntu listed as first (I would change this latter to 2nd) but nothing seems to matter. Won't boot ubuntu. I am convinced this is a Microsoft issue, not a linux shortfall. Prove me wrong!

MichaelCrovella, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Darshan J Win User

USB boot install crashing? No issues with Ubuntu?

Issues upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10 on a dual boot laptop with Ubuntu

Hello George,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Yes, dual boot of Ubuntu and Windows is very sensitive in order of things.

Windows OS should be installed first, because its boot loader is very particular and the installer tends to overwrite the entire hard drive.

GRUB is the boot manager installed in Ubuntu by default. GRUB is an open source boot manager that install the main parts of the boot loaders inside Ubuntu. This means Ubuntu is independent and avoids any need for writing to other
    operating systems

So the best way to resolve this issue as rightly suggested in the initial post i.e.:
    remove the partition with Ubuntu and make Windows a primary, reinstall Ubuntu and Grub.

We regret the inconvenience caused on the applications that you will have to reload. Suggest you to back up of any important data present in Ubuntu before reinstalling it.

Get back to us if you require more clarity on the issue.

Darshan J, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

USB boot install crashing? No issues with Ubuntu?

1. USB boot install crashing? No issues with Ubuntu? - Similar Threads - USB boot install

2. Booting Ubuntu from USB while Bitlocker is enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting Ubuntu from USB while Bitlocker is enabled.: I recently restarted by Dell inspiron 16 7620 and booted from my live Ubuntu USB without issue. I shutdown, removed the USB and powered back on and got the Bitlocker recovery key prompt. I entered the key and booted into Windows 11 without issue. My intentions are to use my...
  3. Booting Ubuntu from USB while Bitlocker is enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting Ubuntu from USB while Bitlocker is enabled.: I recently restarted by Dell inspiron 16 7620 and booted from my live Ubuntu USB without issue. I shutdown, removed the USB and powered back on and got the Bitlocker recovery key prompt. I entered the key and booted into Windows 11 without issue. My intentions are to use my...
  4. USB Windows Install Booting Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Windows Install Booting Issues: Hey guys...I have spent the past two days going through different youtube videos and threads on this website for answers but haven't had any luck.I have a basic HP Pavilion laptop that is about 3 years old. Model 15-cd001ds. I installed a new 500gb SSD in it this week and...
  5. Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot: I realize I'll get a lot of comments about m my IQ. I installed ubuntu through the store on my hp eebook. I could not get it to work because it was the wrong version for what i was trying to load. Go into windows and delete folder of ubuntu. Bad idea. Now can't load anything....
  6. Attempting to install Windows via USB on Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempting to install Windows via USB on Ubuntu.: Recently, I downloaded Ubuntu after Windows failed on my laptop and I didn’t and still don’t have access to a bootable CD whilst I’m away from home, luckily I had a bootable Ubuntu usb drive, so I used that to install it temporarily until I could install Win again. I’ve since...
  7. Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues: Hi Everyone, Last night I had the wild urge to try out the linux distribution of Ubuntu, I really thought everything was going well. Within Ubuntu, there's a hard drive partitioning application built-in, that part of the installation seemed to go well. I proceeded to move...
  8. Usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb boot issue: Succeeded in getting Win 10 to boot to my usb hard drives after weeks of banging my head against the wall but now it does work. Have now hit another issue with booting to usb. The weekend, I installed a game for one of my Grandsons, Special Ops The Line. Game worked great and...
  9. USB booting issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB booting issues.: Had this problem about a year or so ago. Also had so many issues with 10 I had to go back to 7 to complete some important research and projects. Went back to 10 a few months ago and have it running very well now except for an important issue. I use Casper 10 to create my...
  10. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...