Windows 10: USB Bootable Backup and Recovery Software that meets my requirements?

Discus and support USB Bootable Backup and Recovery Software that meets my requirements? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Ive been using acronis for quite some time now since version 2013 and its been getting worse and worse. i need backup software to be able to do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by PotatoInside, Jan 17, 2017.

1. USB Bootable Backup and Recovery Software that meets my requirements?

Ive been using acronis for quite some time now since version 2013 and its been getting worse and worse.

i need backup software to be able to do the following

• backup the entire drive of a computer
    • restore an image with some auto resizing inteligence (acronis does this well, the EFI boot, recovery partitions are not resized but the main drive is expanded or shrunk to whatever the target drive size is, macrium is by hand but works good)
    • boot using BIOS/MBR or EFI method
    • support a TRIM operation (acronis 2014 can do this and worked flawlessly but then disappeared in 2015+?, it has saved me at least 20-30 mins in some cases)
    • support M2 PCIe/NVMe (only acronis 2016/2017 does this but 16/17 dont have trim support)
    • have good resolution support when booting off USB (macrium does this pretty well)
    • restore to dissimilar hardware (acronis universal restore/macrium redeploy) - prefer it to be included not like acronis where its on another usb stick
    • good NIC driver support (acronis is good, macrium is bad without tinkering)
    • good Raid driver support (acronis is good, macrium is bad without tinkering)
    • drive clone that actually works (acronis always errors out if im doing a SATA to USB copy)
    • USB 3, eSATA, thunderbolt support (new versions of acronis and macrium have this)
    • prefer free (macrium is mostly free)
    • OSX/Mac compatible (surprisingly macrium can boot on mac but cant restore things properly, acronis is a nogo
    • MBR/EFI boot partition fix
    • good hyper v support and peripheral support (acronis sucks in all these categories but since macrium is winpe it works good)
    • displays progress, ETA and write speeds (prefer MB/s) helps if i have to tell someone how long its going to take

just to add, i dont intent to leave any software installed on windows, its a pure USB boot tool

:)

PotatoInside, Jan 17, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

win 10 pro key

Maybe -
    Microsoft Software Recovery

• Create a Windows 7 DVD for installation on a new hard drive
    • Create a backup Windows 7 DVD
    • Create a bootable USB drive with a copy of Windows 7

'Mike P, Jan 17, 2017
  3. johnptd Win User
    Want to backup my Windows 10 files using an external harddrive & create a system repair/restore disc.

1. Your best bet for a backup is to get Macrium Reflect. It is an excellent drive imaging software program (better than what comes with Windows 10) and with it you can create a bootable CD/USB drive to restore your system from a backup in case the hard drive
    fails. The program has a "free" version.

2. To create a system repair disc, type "recovery drive" in the Search box and it will give you the link to create a "Recovery Drive". This will be a bootable CD/USB media that will give you the capability of troubleshooting your system or resetting or reinstalling
    Windows 10 if necessary.

JohnD

johnptd, Jan 17, 2017
Thema:

USB Bootable Backup and Recovery Software that meets my requirements?

1. USB Bootable Backup and Recovery Software that meets my requirements? - Similar Threads - USB Bootable Backup

2. Required Support for Window Recovery Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required Support for Window Recovery Software: Hi Team,I accidentally deleted one of my folders from my office laptop and tried to restore the same by "winfr" command, but the data was not retrieved from the same.This office folder has lots of files having a folder size of approx 20 GB from the last 3 years with...
  3. Required Support for Window Recovery Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Required Support for Window Recovery Software: Hi Team,I accidentally deleted one of my folders from my office laptop and tried to restore the same by "winfr" command, but the data was not retrieved from the same.This office folder has lots of files having a folder size of approx 20 GB from the last 3 years with...
  4. Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1: Just wondering if there is a way to create a bootable USB disc for Win7 SP1 because I have already lost my Vista because some BODY assured me could keep a multiple drive of my vista and & 7SP1 however the vista wasn't on the "new" drive.. Win7SP1 was also MISSING, replaced...
  5. Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1

Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1: Just wondering if there is a way to create a bootable USB disc for Win7 SP1 because I have already lost my Vista because some BODY assured me could keep a multiple drive of my vista and & 7SP1 however the vista wasn't on the "new" drive.. Win7SP1 was also MISSING, replaced...
  6. Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1: Just wondering if there is a way to create a bootable USB disc for Win7 SP1 because I have already lost my Vista because some BODY assured me could keep a multiple drive of my vista and & 7SP1 however the vista wasn't on the "new" drive. Win7SP1 was also MISSING, replaced...
  7. Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1

Bootable USB for recovery of WIN7 sp1: Just wondering if there is a way to create a bootable USB disc for Win7 SP1 because I have already lost my Vista because some BODY assured me could keep a multiple drive of my vista and & 7SP1 however the vista wasn't on the "new" drive. Win7SP1 was also MISSING, replaced...
  8. BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.: I have a couple of questions concerning USB Recovery Drives such as can be created by AOEMI and MACRUM Backup programs. They have got my PCs going many times over the years. First ,does the Flash Drive have to be empty?I think I recall having to format the drive before use,...
  9. Download Software with bootable windows10 usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download Software with bootable windows10 usb: Hey, so I was wondering if it would be possible to download Software that I have picked prior to the download of windows 10 per USB Stick automatically, like for example VLC Media player. Meaning that I boot per USB stick, and go through the windows 10 setup. When its done...
  10. Bootable USB image backup software search

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bootable USB image backup software search: Am using Acronis TI 2020 and use its feature to create a bootable USB image backup. But I have issues with Acronis -like always running and doing things I didn't ask it to do. So am looking for another software product that will also create bootable image USBs, so I don't...