Windows 10: Usb broken after Formatting

Discus and support Usb broken after Formatting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I Formatted my USB into exFAT, because it was on 32GB it was USB used for a clean installation of windows so I switched it back to 1TB, It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dominik Bodnár, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Usb broken after Formatting

Hello, I Formatted my USB into exFAT, because it was on 32GB it was USB used for a clean installation of windows so I switched it back to 1TB, It was working great but when I wanted to give some files into it It disconnected from my PC, I connected it back and it wrote ''Please insert the disc into USB drive'', When I looked in Disc Manager, Its blank, It has nothing there just the name, When I try to formate it says ''No media Found''. I reinstalled drives, restarted pc, reinstalled USB connector drives, nothing helped. So the USBis dead? I also tried removing its number and adding it

:)

Dominik Bodnár, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 27, 2021
  3. freebird_9924, Apr 27, 2021
  4. mikel33 Win User

Usb broken after Formatting

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Usb broken after Formatting

1. Usb broken after Formatting - Similar Threads - Usb broken Formatting

2. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  3. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  4. usb broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb broken: wont eject. tried to troubleshoot but i keep getting a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-broken/d65fbb5f-4647-4b85-8e99-6567823f0b78
  5. usb broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb broken: wont eject. tried to troubleshoot but i keep getting a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-broken/d65fbb5f-4647-4b85-8e99-6567823f0b78
  6. USB Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Format: My computers is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm going to format my drive.I was unable to, in the past.Due to the space, used by C:But know I have, a USB Drive. I need, the installation software.I knew, the Microsoft website.that you could prepare, anything.But also...
  7. USB not working after formatting to NTFS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not working after formatting to NTFS?: I formatted my USB to NTFS with windows and canceled it mid way, now when ever i plugin the device and try to open it i get this: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-working-after-formatting-to-ntfs/1b4c694f-898e-440b-a67b-94437f574c96
  8. Broken usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken usb: Hi guys.Today I was trying to install Win 10 on my PC since I got a new SSD so I wanted to make a clean install.What happens is that the SSD had a classical MDP error.So I went to diskpart and tried to fix it there.I accidentally wiped my USB inside DiskPart and it instantly...
  9. format usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    format usb: why won't my empty 32 GB USB format how do i know it was formatted said it did but how do i tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-usb/81697e87-cc7a-4ab6-a13f-9190ecde2c3e
  10. Broken usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken usb: When I put a USB in my computer,it doesn't show up.When I open disk management, it shows up and says"device is working properly".It does this on my desktop also.My other USBs work.Why does it say the device is working properly when it won't open? [ATTACH]...