Windows 10: USB Bug with Build 1903 - Intel Z370 Chipset

Discus and support USB Bug with Build 1903 - Intel Z370 Chipset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure how I report this to Microsoft but posting it here: I've got a Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX with a 8700K (Not overclocked) Everything has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaleRobins, May 31, 2019.

1. USB Bug with Build 1903 - Intel Z370 Chipset

Not sure how I report this to Microsoft but posting it here:

I've got a Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX with a 8700K (Not overclocked)

Everything has been running perfectly, I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 (Build 1903).

Now I have an issue with my USB Devices, especially external storage.

My Kingston USB3 FCR-HS3 Card reader LED will flash every few seconds as if an SD card is being accessed, after a random time I will get a USB Malfunction Error pop up in Windows, if I check the device under device manager I get the Yellow Exclamation mark and this error "(Port Reset Failed)" unplugging the card reader in and out resolves it for a few minutes, but that will keep coming back.

I tried the card reader on 4 other computers and this does not happen, I've updated all chipset drivers, even tried going to BIOS 3.10, 3.20 and 3.30 again. I've cleared CMOS several times, checked and tried every BIOS setting and it still happens.

I sometimes get a "Link in compliance mode" error, I think this may come up with a USB3 Flash drive or external USB3 hard drive enclosure.

Also my AsMedia USB3 hard drive enclosure randomly shows activity on the LED even when I don't have a formatted disk in there, or no disk at all.

It seems the USB ports are getting polled or reset every few seconds and some devices don't like this.

I've re-installed Windows 10 build 1903 a couple of times, removed every USB device including the keyboard/mouse and just left the devices that cause issues in there one at a time and it still happens. I've done the usual by removing all the USB drivers in device manager and letting them re-install. I cannot seem to resolve it.

Installing Windows 10 Build 1809 and the issues are gone.

:)

DaleRobins, May 31, 2019
  2. fdegrove Win User

Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

Hi,

As its name suggests the Z370 chipset is part of the 300 series of chipsets.

https://ark.intel.com/products/serie...eries-Chipsets

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, May 31, 2019
  3. Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

I have a Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard, and Intel Chipset Device Software 10.1.1.42 dont have Z370 in the list. What is the best INF for Z370 please?

SeCrEt BoY, May 31, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

USB Bug with Build 1903 - Intel Z370 Chipset

Lists of Motherboards Based on Intel Z370 Express Chipset Surface

Intel is rushing in its 8th generation Core mainstream-desktop (MSDT) processor lineup, codenamed "Coffee Lake," later within Q3-2017. The first four of these will be six-core SKUs, which while built in the "LGA1151" package, the same ones as the 7th generation "Kaby Lake" and 6th generation "Skylake," will not be compatible with motherboards based on the older 100-series and 200-series chipsets, for reasons unknown. Upcoming motherboards based on the 300-series chipset, could support not just 8th generation "Coffee Lake" processors, but also older LGA1151 processors. The chipset lineup consists of the Z370 Express, which features support for CPU overclocking and 2-way multi-GPU; and the mid-range B360 Express chipset, which could launch either in late-2017 or early-2018, alongside the first Core i3 "Coffee Lake" chips. The first wave of motherboards to go with "Coffee Lake" processors will hence be Z370-based. VideoCardz compiled a partial, but growing list of motherboards which could make up the first wave.

USB Bug with Build 1903 - Intel Z370 Chipset tr5xZdFlHXB8wuaC_thm.jpg

ASUS
    • ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    • ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)
    • ROG MAXIMUS X APEX
    • ROG MAXIMUS X CODE
    • ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
    • ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC)
    • ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
    • PRIME Z370-P
    • PRIME Z370-A
    • TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING
    • TUF Z370-PRO GAMING
    ASRock
    • ASRock Z*70 Fatal1ty Professional Gaming i7
    • ASRock Z*70 Fatal1ty Gaming K6
    • ASRock Z*70 Extreme4
    • ASRock Z*70 Killer SLI/ac
    • ASRock Z*70 Pro4
    • ASRock Z*70M-ITX/ac
    • ASRock Z*70M Pro4
    Others
    • MSI Z*70 GODLIKE GAMING
    • ECS Z370 LIGHTSABER
    The first Core i7 and Core i5 "Coffee Lake" desktop processors could launch alongside compatible motherboards based on the Intel Z370 chipset, some time in October, 2017.

Source: VideoCardz

btarunr, May 31, 2019
Thema:

USB Bug with Build 1903 - Intel Z370 Chipset

1. USB Bug with Build 1903 - Intel Z370 Chipset - Similar Threads - USB Bug Build

2. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  3. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  4. Screen glitches - Intel chipset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen glitches - Intel chipset: Hello everyone, I'm experiencing a very annoying issue with my Notebook that is making my screen glitch and flicker like crazy, making it unusable sometimes. Hope someone can help me with this. I have a notebook with the following specs: Intel Atom x5-z8350 with Intel HD...
  5. Missing Intel chipset driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Intel chipset driver: Hi, my computer has been really slow recently and I am confident it is because it is missing the Intel Chipset driver. In Device Manager, the only driver in Storage Controllers is the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller. Having run a benchmark test on my SSD, its write speed...
  6. Intel Chipset Driver installation information on Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E

Intel Chipset Driver installation information on Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E: Forgive all the questions, but I have not done this before and need some help understanding the process. My system is custom built by Maingear in 3/2018 and the ASUS Mob has all the original drivers installed by them. This week the Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Updater wanted to...
  7. Intel Chipset numbering question

Intel Chipset numbering question: When I run the Intel Driver Update Utility, it always shows my chipset needs an update. My problem is that my current version is 10.1.2.8 Intel Driver Update Utility wants to go to 10.1.1.14 Isn't 10.1.2 greater than 10.1.1? Or am I applying math where it doesn't...
  8. Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?

Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?: I noticed that Intel has an updated chipset driver 10.1.1.42. It's newer than one currently installed from Asus mobo page but Asus doesn't offer this update. Do I install it? [img] [img] 80321
  9. Question on Intel Chipset Updates

Question on Intel Chipset Updates: My system is a Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero When I installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit at the time I installed the latest chipset (version 10.1.2.10). All has been well, but when I used the Windows Update Minitool the other week it says that there is a new update to these...
  10. Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

Latest Intel Chipset Device Software: Latest Intel Chipset Device Software WHQL version: 10.1.1.42 Release Date: January 17th 2016 WHQL Intel Chipset Download Link OR Download: Intel® Chipset Device Software 10.1.1.42 [img] Note Release Notes New Features: Intel(R) Xeon(R)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 errors with skylake processors

2. cpu overload windows 1903 kabylake r chipset