Windows 10: USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor

Discus and support USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga 530-14IKB i5 running Windows 10 which I want to hook up to two external monitors both quite old and with VGA connectivity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregBaldwin78, Feb 7, 2021.

1. USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 530-14IKB i5 running Windows 10 which I want to hook up to two external monitors both quite old and with VGA connectivity - specifically, an HP LE2201w and a Samsung SyncMaster 225UW.

The laptop only has one HDMI output so I've been getting around this by using an HDMI to VGA adaptor for one monitor and a VGA to USB "old style" USB adaptor. However, the monitor connected via USB was very laggy and someone suggested this was most likely due to data transfer speeds over standard USB. I figured I would try and use the USB-C port instead and bought a USB-C to VGA adaptor.

However, when I plug it in, I receive a "Display Connection might be limited - Make sure the Display Port device you're connecting to is supported by your PC" warning.

When I go to Device Manager, 'Display adapters' have the following errors:

IntelR UHD Graphics 620

MS_Idd_Bus_01

MS_Idd_Bus_02
    MS_Idd_Bus_03

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks so much in advance :

Greg

:)

GregBaldwin78, Feb 7, 2021

2. USB c to VGA adaptor

I have just purchased a Lenovo 320s Ideapad to use at work for presentations through a projector. Unfortunately all the projectors are VGA input. The Lenovo does not have VGA output so I purchased an unbranded USB C to VGA adaptor. I cant get the adaptor
    to do anything at all. There is no reaction from the laptop when I plug the adaptor in. Do I need to install some drivers to get it to work on Win 10?

DavidWingfield1, Feb 7, 2021
  3. USB-C adaptor

I have recently purchased an HP laptop with windows 10 software. The laptop deos not have a VGA point, and as I often use projectors with VGA adaptors I purchased an apple USB-C to VGA adaptor thats connects via the USB - C socket on the side of the laptop.
    Unfortunately it keeps saying display connection is limited. Sadly it does not connect and display the VGA connection.

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome?

RaffaeleLong, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor

USB c to VGA adaptor

Based on the details that you've shared, we'd recommend performing the following to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers. To do this, you can perform the following:
    • Search and launch Device Manager using Cortana.
    • Locate and collapse the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on a listed driver and then select Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click on Uninstall Device.
    • Repeat steps 3 and 4 to each of the drivers listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart your device.

Note: Restarting the device will reinstall the USB drivers.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor

1. USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor - Similar Threads - USB adaptor VGA

2. MOKiN USB-C HUB 2HDMI and 1VGA monitor but VGA cannot detect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOKiN USB-C HUB 2HDMI and 1VGA monitor but VGA cannot detect: I just bought MOKiN USB-C HUB and using Dell XPS 15 which I want to connect two external monitors with HDMI and one monitor with VGA connection but VGA monitor cannot detect.Kindly some one help me on this issue....
  3. MOKiN USB-C HUB 2HDMI and 1VGA monitor but VGA cannot detect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOKiN USB-C HUB 2HDMI and 1VGA monitor but VGA cannot detect: I just bought MOKiN USB-C HUB and using Dell XPS 15 which I want to connect two external monitors with HDMI and one monitor with VGA connection but VGA monitor cannot detect.Kindly some one help me on this issue....
  4. Yellowish tint on new Asus Monitor with VGA cable and adaptor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Yellowish tint on new Asus Monitor with VGA cable and adaptor: hi,i have just bought this adaptor > Rankie 1080P Active HDTV HDMI naar VGA-adapter (stekker naar bus) converter met audio voor pc, monitor, projector, HDTV, Xbox en meer: Amazon.nl there's something odd, i just used the provided vga cable so brand new and the tint on the...
  5. usb-c to vga cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb-c to vga cable: The USB - C to VGA cable isn't working - no display on monitor ? I bought this because the description said I didn't need to download a driver? can you help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-vga-cable/d86e7ac4-ef56-423b-aa50-e72fc929ef4a
  6. Microsoft USB-C to VGA Adapter

Microsoft USB-C to VGA Adapter: I needed a second monitor to work from home. Grabbed a monitor from work to use with my HP laptop. I bought a Microsoft USB-C to VGA adapter. I have connected it but it isn't showing under Devices in Settings. I have done all the troubleshooting from Microsoft and read on...
  7. HDMI to USB - C adaptor issue

HDMI to USB - C adaptor issue: The cord for HDMI to USB-C that I use is connected and lit up which means "ready to go" however my surface screen is not transferring to the second monitor I have tried everything; updates, re boot, wiggling cord, cord in and out, troubleshooting, display settings Please...
  8. VGA to USB C hub;

in Windows 10 Customization
    VGA to USB C hub;: I purchased a Seiko USB 3.0 HUB AND VGA DIESPLAY AND MONITOR ISN'T SHOWING GOOD RESOLUTIONS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vga-to-usb-c-hub/96de9c39-df3d-4f48-b2d7-2881dcc75f72
  9. USB-C to VGA not working

USB-C to VGA not working: My laptop (asus Vivobook 15) does not have a VGA outlet and my monitor only has VGA cable. I bought a USB-C mobile dock with both HDMI and VGA outlet, and the HDMI outlet works but the VGA does not detect any monitor. It's supposed to be plug and play (no driver installation...
  10. USB-C adaptor

USB-C adaptor: I have recently purchased an HP laptop with windows 10 software. The laptop deos not have a VGA point, and as I often use projectors with VGA adaptors I purchased an apple USB-C to VGA adaptor thats connects via the USB - C socket on the side of the laptop. Unfortunately it...