Windows 10: USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

Discus and support USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshP13, Feb 16, 2022.

1. JoshP13 Win User

USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working again. The keyboard either cuts out completely or writes 7-20 of the last character I typed. Sometimes it will happen multiple times an hour, and sometimes I can go weeks without having the issue. I've ruled out the dock, mouse, and keyboard since I have tried 2 different sets with different cables and the problems persist w

:)

JoshP13, Feb 16, 2022

2. TRENDnet Introduces Compact USB-C HD Docking Station

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking and surveillance solutions, has announced it will introduce a Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1. The compact USB-C docking station supports high-resolution HD video, and extends or mirrors your notebook's display.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube allows you to connect multiple USB devices, and network your laptop all from a single cable. Easily manage multiple workstation devices such as USB storage, keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, and HD monitor. Free up desk space with this compact USB-C docking station to make more room for what's really important to you.

Conveniently connect all your workstation devices to the Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, and then connect your laptop or notebook directly to the docking station. The TUC-DS1 also includes a power delivery port to charge a USB-C notebook from the docking station.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1, will be available next week online on the TRENDnet Store, and worldwide via our authorized distribution and retail partners.

Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, TUC-DS1
    • Up to 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30Hz
    • Gigabit Ethernet port
    • One USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports
    • HDMI audio support
    • Compatible with MHL supported Android devices with a USB-C interface
    • Supports Windows 10 Continuum mode
    • Supports Windows 10 and Mac operating systems
    • Product page: www.trendnet.com/store/products/TUC-DS1
    • MSRP: USD $99.99

Raevenlord, Feb 16, 2022
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    DisplayLink Demonstrates USB-C Docking Experience That "Just Works"

I'm glad they finally cleared up that you could use USB 3.1 Type-A connector the same way you could use USB 3.1 Type-C connector. For a while they had me worried I could connect screen only to USB 3.1 Type-C port.

Just when I thought we will have only two connectors (Type-A and Type-C) they brought up Type-B connector. Instead of Type-B they should use Type-A connector which is as robust as Type-B.
    Well done, you screwed up again and now we will have 3 USB connectors in the future instead of 2.

Uplink10, Feb 16, 2022
  4. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

Common Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Setup Issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 16, 2022
Thema:

USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

1. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues - Similar Threads - USB Dock Intermittent

2. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard: This week my usb logitech mouse and keyboard stopped working with surface pro on windows 10.0.19045. The keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly into my laptop. However, they do not when plugged into "plugable usb 3.0" docking station. I have removed changed the port...
  3. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard: This week my usb logitech mouse and keyboard stopped working with surface pro on windows 10.0.19045. The keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly into my laptop. However, they do not when plugged into "plugable usb 3.0" docking station. I have removed changed the port...
  4. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot

USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot: This is an error I have experienced on multiple laptops and with multiple brands of docks and I can't seem to find a solution but maybe someone here knows one.After a fresh reboot of my laptop I plug it into my USB-C dock the dock is connected to a monitor with HDMI, mouse...
  6. USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot

USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot: This is an error I have experienced on multiple laptops and with multiple brands of docks and I can't seem to find a solution but maybe someone here knows one.After a fresh reboot of my laptop I plug it into my USB-C dock the dock is connected to a monitor with HDMI, mouse...
  7. USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  9. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  10. USB-C docking station audio issues

USB-C docking station audio issues: Hi all, I'm stumped by this one. So I bought a USB-C docking station and everything works fine except the audio. When I plug my external speakers into the 3.5mm jack, they work fine. BUT, when I plug in an external monitor via HDMI, they no longer work - the audio defaults...