Windows 10: USB-C docking station audio issues

Discus and support USB-C docking station audio issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm stumped by this one. So I bought a USB-C docking station and everything works fine except the audio. When I plug my external speakers into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Parkje04, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Parkje04 Win User

USB-C docking station audio issues

Hi all,

I'm stumped by this one. So I bought a USB-C docking station and everything works fine except the audio. When I plug my external speakers into the 3.5mm jack, they work fine. BUT, when I plug in an external monitor via HDMI, they no longer work - the audio defaults back to the laptop speakers. The really weird thing is that the audio device disappears when I do this (see screenshots below).

I've dug around for a while, and haven't been able to find anyone else with the same issue. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the dock itself (which admittedly is a cheap-o from Amazon) or if this could possibly be a Windows 10 issue? Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Parkje04, Aug 29, 2020

2. TRENDnet Introduces Compact USB-C HD Docking Station

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking and surveillance solutions, has announced it will introduce a Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1. The compact USB-C docking station supports high-resolution HD video, and extends or mirrors your notebook's display.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube allows you to connect multiple USB devices, and network your laptop all from a single cable. Easily manage multiple workstation devices such as USB storage, keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, and HD monitor. Free up desk space with this compact USB-C docking station to make more room for what's really important to you.

Conveniently connect all your workstation devices to the Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, and then connect your laptop or notebook directly to the docking station. The TUC-DS1 also includes a power delivery port to charge a USB-C notebook from the docking station.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1, will be available next week online on the TRENDnet Store, and worldwide via our authorized distribution and retail partners.

Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, TUC-DS1
    • Up to 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30Hz
    • Gigabit Ethernet port
    • One USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports
    • HDMI audio support
    • Compatible with MHL supported Android devices with a USB-C interface
    • Supports Windows 10 Continuum mode
    • Supports Windows 10 and Mac operating systems
    • Product page: www.trendnet.com/store/products/TUC-DS1
    • MSRP: USD $99.99

Raevenlord, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Audio not working through a docking station

This is happening for me as well on my Surface Pro 3. Audio plays through the Dell D3100 USB docking station when docked on the SP3 docking station. I take the surface off the docking station and the audio switches to Surface built in speakers. When I
    re-dock the surface, the sound continues to play through the Surface despite the Audio playback devise settings suggest the sound should be coming through the Dell D3100. The issue persists after attempting to re-assign the default device. The only way
    that I have found to correct this is to reboot the surface while docked but it all goes to **** once the Surface is removed from the dock.

- This system was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (Issues did not exist in Windows 8.1)

- 8.1 DisplayLink drivers removed and updated to version 7.9.296.0

John Bengson, Aug 29, 2020
  4. USB-C docking station audio issues

No audio from USB 3.0 docking station

I connected a DL-3xxx or DL-5xxx based USB docking station to my PC via a USB 3.0 cable and found that the audio will not play through my speakers attached to the docking station. I've been told that
    this is an issue with the inbox USB 3.0 driver in Windows 10. I would appreciate it if you could provide a fix for this.

GeoffreyShort, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

USB-C docking station audio issues

1. USB-C docking station audio issues - Similar Threads - USB docking station

2. USB C Docking Station Crashes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C Docking Station Crashes Windows 11: I just had an update on my Dell Laptop which now crashes Windows to the blue screen whenever I plug in my docking station in even without anything connected to it. The docking station is this one. This is not happening when I connect my Dell Adapter for HDMI and USB to the...
  3. USB C Docking Station Crashes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C Docking Station Crashes Windows 11: I just had an update on my Dell Laptop which now crashes Windows to the blue screen whenever I plug in my docking station in even without anything connected to it. The docking station is this one. This is not happening when I connect my Dell Adapter for HDMI and USB to the...
  4. USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI

USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI: Hi,I am trying to connect 2 monitors to a MSI modern 14 C12M Computer but I connect a USB c docking station and the usb work correctly but it doesn't detect the hdmi connection.How I solve that?...
  5. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  6. Docking Station

Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  7. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Docking station issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docking station issue: I connected a docking station and when i close my laptop the monitors close also. how do I use my keyboard and mouse when laptop is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-issue/f18b0c39-e96f-4e79-941a-3cb3f1e6bd72
  9. USB on docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...
  10. USB-C Docking station > not work HDMI+LAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C Docking station > not work HDMI+LAN: Good morning and happy new year. I have TWO Delock USB Type-C™ 3.1 Docking Station 4K 30 Hz Item no 87298 https://www.delock.de/produkte/G_87298/merkmale.html?setLanguage=en and the HDMI and LAN not work. Also a D-link DUB-M530...