Windows 10: USB-C earphones mic not working on my pc.

Discus and support USB-C earphones mic not working on my pc. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says my usb-c earphones' mic doesn't work on my pc for some reason. Please help. submitted by /u/RichardXXI [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RichardXXI, Oct 27, 2020.

1. USB-C earphones mic not working on my pc.

As the title says my usb-c earphones' mic doesn't work on my pc for some reason. Please help.

submitted by /u/RichardXXI
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RichardXXI, Oct 27, 2020
  2. ABY
    aby Win User

Earphones Mic not working

Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped working. I checked my Earpods with my iPhone and the mic would work just fine but not with the laptop.

Realtek audio driver is already installed but there's no realteks audio icon to configure or make changes. When I connect my Earpods, I can hear through them but the mic doesn't work however if I speak close to the internal mic I can see that green bar moving up which exists in Sounds>Recording.

I updated the Intel graphic driver to the latest version 2 days ago and the Mic would work fine.

Few steps which I tried to fix the issue but didn't help:

1) Tried to setup mic: No go
    2) Tried reinstalling/updating audio drivers: No go
    3) Checked Microphone privacy settings and its ON
    4) Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device: No go

Can someone help me on this?
    Thank you

3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Oct 27, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

USB-C earphones mic not working on my pc.

Earphone w/mic problem... the earphones are acting as a mic!

its annoying.. I need to use my mic, but the earphone is acting like a mic, not the mic! its one of those earphones w/mic for iphone

on my desktop I successfully can use it as a mic, but on my netbook I can't

n-ster, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

USB-C earphones mic not working on my pc.

1. USB-C earphones mic not working on my pc. - Similar Threads - USB earphones mic

2. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  3. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  4. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Earphone mics aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earphone mics aren't working: For a few months, I have not been able to use microphones when I plug in earbuds into my PC's front input jack. I have no idea if a Windows update messed this up since I noticed it pretty late. I generally use external speakers or a headset for audio calls, so when I had a...
  6. Mic Works with earphones, but not normally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic Works with earphones, but not normally: Need help with Microphone.I can record my audio using earphones but not working normally. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-works-with-earphones-but-not-normally/f351922c-4786-424c-b678-60bc91e74490
  7. USB C Earphones not detecting

USB C Earphones not detecting: I have an Acer Triton 500 PT-515 Laptop with 9750H CPU and RTX 2060 GPU. On connecting my Hifiman RE400c Earphones with USB C port into my Laptop's USB C port it goes undetected and I get a beeping sound on the earphone. This same behaviour is observed when I connect any...
  8. earphones usb-c wont work on pc

earphones usb-c wont work on pc: i cant get to let my earphones work properly on my pc .. the port works well on all other platforms but i cant hear a thing on my earphones ... i installed the latest drivers from intel since they provide usb-c thunderbolt drivers .. when i get plug them power indicator is...
  9. Earphones Mic not working

Earphones Mic not working: Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped...
  10. Earphones Mic not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Earphones Mic not working: Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped...