Windows 10: usb-c for hdmi display output

Discus and support usb-c for hdmi display output in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Do I need to set up usb-c port, to use to display second monitor? My display is not found, when hooked up to usb-c port.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by scott4777, Dec 18, 2019.

1. scott4777 Win User

usb-c for hdmi display output

Do I need to set up usb-c port, to use to display second monitor? My display is not found, when hooked up to usb-c port.

:)

scott4777, Dec 18, 2019

2. Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Dec 18, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    TrendNet Launches New Line of USB Type-C Adapters

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking solutions, announced today the launch of its USB-C product line. The new line will feature three USB-C adapters for HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet. "TRENDnet is committed to developing reliable products to improve user connectivity, and our line of USB-C adapters is designed to keep users up-to-date with the new USB connector standard," said Sonny Su, technology director at TRENDnet. "The new USB-C line allows users to take advantage of improved data transfer speeds and more power, while extending the life of current devices."

The Type-C port and connector are extremely compact and feature a reversible connector orientation. The new USB-C technology and connector support lightning-fast transfer speeds, and feature an increased power output. All TRENDnet USB-C products are conveniently powered by the computer's USB port, and are Windows and Mac compatible.

usb-c for hdmi display output 78a_thm.jpg

USB-C to HDMI 4K UHD Display Adapter, model TUC-HDMI
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a 4K monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to HDMI connection
    • Max resolution: 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz
    USB-C to VGA HDTV Adapter, model TUC-VGA
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a projector, monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to VGA connection
    • Max resolution: 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz
    USB-C to Gigabit Adapter, model TUC-ETG
    • Adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer
    • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C port

btarunr, Dec 18, 2019
  4. CLY
    cly Win User

USB-C to Display port

Do all USB-C ports support display port? I am thinking of picking up a cheap laptop but want to be able to connect two additional displays if needed. The laptop has an HDMI and a USB-C Gen 1. Ace Aspire R R5. thanks

Thema:

1. usb-c for hdmi display output - Similar Threads - usb hdmi display

2. Windows 11 - No Display Output from a previously functional USB-C to HDMI adapter setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - No Display Output from a previously functional USB-C to HDMI adapter setup: At home I use two monitors, and I have to connect one of them using a USB-C to HDMI adapter my PC only has 1 HDMI. Previously, this adapter method has worked flawlessly since I got this laptop. But, this morning when I logged in, I had no output to my display that utilizes...
  3. Windows 11 - No Display Output from a previously functional USB-C to HDMI adapter setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - No Display Output from a previously functional USB-C to HDMI adapter setup: At home I use two monitors, and I have to connect one of them using a USB-C to HDMI adapter my PC only has 1 HDMI. Previously, this adapter method has worked flawlessly since I got this laptop. But, this morning when I logged in, I had no output to my display that utilizes...
  4. Why is my hdmi output displaying a pink and purple display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hdmi output displaying a pink and purple display?: Recently updated my graphics card from a 2070 to a 4070ti. Unfortunately now my primary display Sony Bravia 4k LED is just solid a still pink / purple image.I have tried the following with no luck:Unistalled my graphics card drivers using DDU and reinstalled using the latest...
  5. Why is my hdmi output displaying a pink and purple display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my hdmi output displaying a pink and purple display?: Recently updated my graphics card from a 2070 to a 4070ti. Unfortunately now my primary display Sony Bravia 4k LED is just solid a still pink / purple image.I have tried the following with no luck:Unistalled my graphics card drivers using DDU and reinstalled using the latest...
  6. Why is my hdmi output displaying a pink and purple display?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. hdmi output

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi output: i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/aa63273e-1a66-495a-b272-d3d32d8495fb
  8. USB-C and HDMI cable

USB-C and HDMI cable: When I plug in the HDMI cable to the 'dongle' that is plugged into my pc, I get a notification that Microsoft does not recognize recent device plugged in to C port. And I get an alarm type sound repeatedly until I unplug the HDMI cable. The information on the PC DOES transfer...
  9. HDMI output

HDMI output: I'm trying to run a projector from my Windows 10 laptop using HDMI to HDMI cable. The projector only shows background and taskbar. Using VGA to VGA cable worked fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/b3789904-ff58-4127-8138-ead5ae41f305
  10. USB-C to HDMI Pigtail

USB-C to HDMI Pigtail: Using windows 10 on Lenovo laptop. I am using a USB-C to HDMI pigtail and can not get a picture. How do I make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-pigtail/d02c6d79-1458-4190-a4de-2ea1506025c4