Windows 10: USB-C headphones not working anymore

Discus and support USB-C headphones not working anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Podi4Z, May 15, 2022.

1. Podi4Z Win User

USB-C headphones not working anymore

My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the sound doesn't work it does not stop on the speakers

:)

Podi4Z, May 15, 2022

2. USB-C type headphones not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This error of Screen flashing/flickering on Windows 10 is usually due to incompatible drivers. The incompatible app, programs or display driver causes the screen to flicker every time when you do your work.

Please help me with the below questions.

1. Have you tried connecting the head phones on different USB ports and different computer?
    2. Have you tried connecting the different head phones on a same device?
    3. What is the make and model of the computer?
    However, you may try the below suggested steps.

Method 1: Make headset as default device

1. Click on Start, type in Control Panel.
    2. Click on Sound, and select Recording tab.
    3. Select your headset as the default device and click on
      OK

Method 2: Run the Audio troubleshooter

1. Click on Start button and then click on Settings icon.
    2. In Settings click on Updates & Security.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot from the left pane and then click on
      Playing Audio and Run the Troubleshooter option in the right pane.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions as the Audio Troubleshooter tries to diagnose and fix sound problems on your computer.

Method 3: Update Audio drivers

1. Click on Start, type in ‘Device manager’.
    2. Under Sound, Video and game controllers, select your sound card.
    3. Click on the Sound card and select driver tab and click on Update driver.
    If the steps didn’t work, try uninstalling your audio driver:

1. Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver, and select Uninstall.
    2. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    If windows doesn’t find a new driver, look for the one on the device manufacturer’s website.

You may also refer the article Fix USB-C problems, for more troubleshooting
    steps.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 15, 2022
  3. USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones

I have an HP Pavilion 15 laptop. It has both a headphone jack and a USB-C port. Any sound coming out of the headphone jack has very bad sound quality for some unknown reason, so I decided to get a USB-C to 3.5mm jack converter. My headphones don't work
    with this port at all, and the computer doesn't even recognize the headphones. How can I fix either the USB-C problem or the headphone jack problem? Any help appreciated.

Andrew G__, May 15, 2022
  4. GM_247 Win User

Internal microphone no longer working after headphones were plugged in via USB-C port

As the title suggest, my internal microphone no longer works (and I believe it is no longer recognized) after I plugged in headphones into a hub that was plugged into USB-C port. Any suggestions?

GM_247, May 15, 2022
Thema:

1. USB-C headphones not working anymore - Similar Threads - USB headphones working

2. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  3. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  4. USB-C Samsung headphones not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Samsung headphones not working on Windows 11: Hi, I have Samsung headphones USB-C and they worked totally fine with my Asus Zenbook with Windows 11.At the end of the year, they started to behave strangely.My computer can detect them on input but on output, it's still using computer speakers.I updated my driver multiple...
  5. USB-C headphones not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C headphones not working anymore: My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the sound doesn't work it does not stop on the speakers.EDIT: they also work just fine on my phone and my other laptop....
  6. USB-C headphones not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C headphones not working anymore: My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the sound doesn't work it does not stop on the speakers.EDIT: they also work just fine on my phone and my other laptop....
  7. USB C type headphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB C type headphone not working: Hi, I have huawei anc 3 Type-C which is not working on my Asus laptop. When I insert it, some sign similar to a driver keeps flickering. However, my headphone works perfectly on another Asus laptop. What is the issue here?...
  8. USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones

USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones: I have an HP Pavilion 15 laptop. It has both a headphone jack and a USB-C port. Any sound coming out of the headphone jack has very bad sound quality for some unknown reason, so I decided to get a USB-C to 3.5mm jack converter. My headphones don't work with this port at all,...
  9. Headphones will not work on pc anymore.

Headphones will not work on pc anymore.: My headphones where working just fine. Now even with them plugged in, the sound still comes through my speakers. Weird thing is when I unplug them and click on my sound icon down by my clock it says headphones and no sound come through the speakers. It's like it's working...
  10. USB-C type headphones not working

USB-C type headphones not working: These headphones came with the Huawei P20 phone and work fine but, when I connect it via USB-C in my laptop (the port works too) it doesn't do anything. The audio keeps playing fine on the speakers, but when I open the sound configuration menu, both, the input and output...