Windows 10: USB C issues with B450 Tomahawk Max mobo

Discus and support USB C issues with B450 Tomahawk Max mobo in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I have my new pc I have constant issues with using USB devices especialy usb c on B450 Tomahawk Max mobo. My SD card reader usb c type keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nigel95, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Nigel95 Win User

USB C issues with B450 Tomahawk Max mobo

Since I have my new pc I have constant issues with using USB devices especialy usb c on B450 Tomahawk Max mobo.

My SD card reader usb c type keeps connecting and disconnecting I replaced it same issue and it works on another laptop. Some times the mouse and keyboard stops working and I have to reboot to make it work again.

So far I tried the following:

- updating bios to v37 from v35 with cmos clear

- BIOS settings/advanced/wake up even setup/resume by usb device: enable

- Stop Windows From Powering Off Your USB Devices

- Reinstalled Nvidia studio drivers and AMD chipset etc.

- Switched to Windows high performance under energy instead of Amd Ryzen power balanced.

- deleting usb drivers in device manager but no fix after reboot

My pc build

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Wraith Boxed

MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

Gigabyte geforce gtx 1650

NZXT H510

Crucial Ballistix bl2 qvl listed

Corsair CX450M

Pny xlr8 250gb m2

Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Sandisk Extreme Pro SD UHS-II USB T

:)

Nigel95, Aug 22, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

MSI Shows Off B450 Tomahawk and B450-A Pro Motherboards

MSI showed off two of its latest socket AM4 motherboards based on AMD's upcoming B450 chipset, the B450 Tomahawk and B450-A Pro. The Tomahawk is slotted in MSI's minimalist yet gamer-grade Arsenal Gaming series, and has a clean look, with a feature-set that doesn't exceed that of the chipset by much. Slick new VRM and chipset heatsink designs which debuted with Intel 300-series Tomahawk boards, make their appearance here. There's just one M.2-22110 slot. The B450-A Pro is part of MSI's mainline motherboard lineup, and targeted at system-integrators, with a similar feature-set to the Tomahawk, though slightly built to a cost.

USB C issues with B450 Tomahawk Max mobo 6IgAgjtZK1o1Yy6Y_thm.jpg

USB C issues with B450 Tomahawk Max mobo tOAwOxvyBECM4pRr_thm.jpg

btarunr, Aug 22, 2020
  3. VitusB Win User
    Frequent BSOD's. Don't know what to do.

This is a bsod from the same system as before.

I just noticed that in your reply with solutions it says I have a different mobo and cpu.

I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max and a Ryzen 5 3600.

VitusB, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Ergomix Win User

Windows unstable on X570 BSOD's

I only had bsod on idle with my b450 tomahawk non-max and ryzen 3600. I RMA'd the mobo and cpu and they replaced the cpu. Everything works fine now with default settings. I advice you do the same. Good luck!

Ergomix, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. USB C issues with B450 Tomahawk Max mobo - Similar Threads - USB issues B450

2. Issue with MOBO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with MOBO: Hi, my pc for some reason idk stops giving video every other startup. i mean, i turned off and back on, red light on the MOBO directing to the video, turned off and back on again and it works. Feels so odd to do this every time, i'm scared to burn some components doing...
  3. Issue with MOBO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with MOBO: Hi, my pc for some reason idk stops giving video every other startup. i mean, i turned off and back on, red light on the MOBO directing to the video, turned off and back on again and it works. Feels so odd to do this every time, i'm scared to burn some components doing...
  4. How to enable Virtualization in MSI Gaming Plus Max B450

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Virtualization in MSI Gaming Plus Max B450: [ATTACH]The MSI Gaming Plus Max B450 motherboard provides an optimal gaming experience and comes with features to help you build a high-performance system. It supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon...
  5. B450 Mortar Max > B450 Tomahawk Max II - Reinstall Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    B450 Mortar Max > B450 Tomahawk Max II - Reinstall Windows?: Hey guys, my MSI B450 Mortar Max has died so I've bought a B450 Tomahawk Max II to replace it. I'm really hoping I won't have to reinstall Windows 10? Can anybody advise please? 178854
  6. USB-C DAS to USB-C PC very slow 38MB max

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB-C DAS to USB-C PC very slow 38MB max: I connected a WD DAS to my PC via a USB-C - USB-C cable, but traffic, both ways maxs out at 38mb. I then tried a USB-C - USB(standard) cable from DAS to PC and got much, much higher speeds a few hundred mb/s. Why is C to C throttled in this way, but C to standard is fine. I...
  7. Headphones recognized as speakers on MSI b450 Tomahawk motherboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones recognized as speakers on MSI b450 Tomahawk motherboard.: Hi, my motherboard does not have a headphone jack so I plugged it into the speaker jack, it works but the audio only comes out of the right side and is recognized as a speaker. Is there a way to get audio from both sides or get it to recognize as headphones....
  8. Logitech Z906 5.1 NOT working on Windows 10 (MSI B450 mobo)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech Z906 5.1 NOT working on Windows 10 (MSI B450 mobo): [ATTACH] Hello there! So, I bought the Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers the other day, I've plugged everything correctly (3 jacks 3.5) to my PC motherboard MSI B450 and technically should support up to 7.1. I also updated all drivers (even uninstalled and reinstalled), but...
  9. Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video: I just bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo, and combined it with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU; 2X8GB Vengence DDR4 RAM; and a MSI Radeon HD 5450 Direct X 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video card. But what I get, after post, and the Windows logo, is a pixeled display...
  10. Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video

in Windows 10 Support
    Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video: I just bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo, and combined it with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU; 2X8GB Vengence DDR4 RAM; and a MSI Radeon HD 5450 Direct X 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video card. But what I get, after post, and the Windows logo, is a pixeled display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. b450 tomahawk max usb port notnworking