Windows 10: USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

Discus and support USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 AMD and a Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C / Thunderbolt dock. The laptop ONLY has USB-C , NOT Thunderbolt. My issue is that the 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Montago, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Montago Win User

USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 AMD and a Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C / Thunderbolt dock. The laptop ONLY has USB-C , NOT Thunderbolt. My issue is that the 2 monitors connected to the dock are not detected if i connect the dock before logging into Windows 10eg:1. Computer is hibernated or sleeping2. I Connect the USB-C dock3. I turn on the computerThe computer starts up and the login screen is presented, but the monitors are not working. I then login to Windows but the monitors are STILL NOT found. I then need to unplug the USB-C cable and plug it in again. NOW the monitors will get detected and star

:)

Montago, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Uplink10 Win User

DisplayLink Demonstrates USB-C Docking Experience That "Just Works"

I'm glad they finally cleared up that you could use USB 3.1 Type-A connector the same way you could use USB 3.1 Type-C connector. For a while they had me worried I could connect screen only to USB 3.1 Type-C port.

Just when I thought we will have only two connectors (Type-A and Type-C) they brought up Type-B connector. Instead of Type-B they should use Type-A connector which is as robust as Type-B.
    Well done, you screwed up again and now we will have 3 USB connectors in the future instead of 2.

Uplink10, Nov 25, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    DisplayLink Demonstrates USB-C Docking Experience That "Just Works"

DisplayLink, the leading provider of USB graphics technology, removes the confusion over USB-C docking and demonstrates a full dock experience with peripheral connectivity, multiple monitor expansion, audio, Gigabit Ethernet and USB hub connectivity for notebooks with standard USB-A or the new USB-C connections. Demonstrations are being shown at Interop Las Vegas Expo, April 28th to 30th at the DisplayLink booth.

DisplayLink will demonstrate complete flexibility to IT and businesses with a DisplayLink enabled dock connected via USB-C to a new Macbook, Pixel 2 Chromebook, and Windows notebook. The same docking station can also be connected to existing notebooks and tablets via USB Standard-A. Further, an Android Smartphone can be docked to the same setup, highlighting total flexibility across all connections and OS, without the need for complicated switch circuits or added costs to host platforms or docks.

"DisplayLink first demonstrated USB-C docking at CES 2015 and following the new MacBook and Chromebook announcements, we are keen to highlight how DisplayLink enabled docking solutions uniquely provide backward-compatibility with the installed base of USB-A platforms and future-proofing for new USB-C platform acquisitions. The same dock can connect to USB-A or USB-C notebooks and tablets with a simple cable change," said John Cummins, Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing.

DisplayLink builds on ten years of USB graphics and docking connectivity. As notebooks and tablets continue to reduce in size, connectivity options continue to migrate towards simple USB and wireless. DisplayLink solutions seamlessly span USB-A, USB-C, and wireless, any USB connection and WiGig for Commercial and Enterprise, and any USB connection and WiFi for SMB and SOHO environments.

Connectivity for peripherals is maintained regardless of host connection, ensuring hubs can connect and expand all your peripheral needs even for platforms like the new Macbook, which only has a single Type-C connector. DisplayLink's docking solutions provide the same connectivity regardless of connector type:
    • Hosts with USB-C connector: Connects to DisplayLink enabled dock via C-to-B cable.
    • Hosts with USB Standard-A connector: Connects to same DisplayLink enabled dock via A-to-B cable.
    All functionality with multiple displays, Gigabit Ethernet, audio and SuperSpeed USB connectivity for hub connected peripheral is maintained seamlessly in all cases.

For more information regarding DisplayLink, please visit the DisplayLink website or drop by the DisplayLink booth at Interop at booth #826.

btarunr, Nov 25, 2021
  4. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

TRENDnet Introduces Compact USB-C HD Docking Station

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking and surveillance solutions, has announced it will introduce a Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1. The compact USB-C docking station supports high-resolution HD video, and extends or mirrors your notebook's display.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube allows you to connect multiple USB devices, and network your laptop all from a single cable. Easily manage multiple workstation devices such as USB storage, keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, and HD monitor. Free up desk space with this compact USB-C docking station to make more room for what's really important to you.

Conveniently connect all your workstation devices to the Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, and then connect your laptop or notebook directly to the docking station. The TUC-DS1 also includes a power delivery port to charge a USB-C notebook from the docking station.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1, will be available next week online on the TRENDnet Store, and worldwide via our authorized distribution and retail partners.

Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, TUC-DS1
    • Up to 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30Hz
    • Gigabit Ethernet port
    • One USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports
    • HDMI audio support
    • Compatible with MHL supported Android devices with a USB-C interface
    • Supports Windows 10 Continuum mode
    • Supports Windows 10 and Mac operating systems
    • Product page: www.trendnet.com/store/products/TUC-DS1
    • MSRP: USD $99.99

Raevenlord, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

1. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen - Similar Threads - USB monitors connected

2. USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI: Hi,I am trying to connect 2 monitors to a MSI modern 14 C12M Computer but I connect a USB c docking station and the usb work correctly but it doesn't detect the hdmi connection.How I solve that?...
  3. USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI: Hi,I am trying to connect 2 monitors to a MSI modern 14 C12M Computer but I connect a USB c docking station and the usb work correctly but it doesn't detect the hdmi connection.How I solve that?...
  4. USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot: This is an error I have experienced on multiple laptops and with multiple brands of docks and I can't seem to find a solution but maybe someone here knows one.After a fresh reboot of my laptop I plug it into my USB-C dock the dock is connected to a monitor with HDMI, mouse...
  5. USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot: This is an error I have experienced on multiple laptops and with multiple brands of docks and I can't seem to find a solution but maybe someone here knows one.After a fresh reboot of my laptop I plug it into my USB-C dock the dock is connected to a monitor with HDMI, mouse...
  6. USB-C dock will reconnect monitor but not USB mouse and keyboard without reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 AMD and a Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C / Thunderbolt dock. The laptop ONLY has USB-C , NOT Thunderbolt. My issue is that the 2 monitors connected to the dock are not detected if i connect the dock before logging into Windows 10eg:1. Computer is...
  8. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 AMD and a Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C / Thunderbolt dock. The laptop ONLY has USB-C , NOT Thunderbolt. My issue is that the 2 monitors connected to the dock are not detected if i connect the dock before logging into Windows 10eg:1. Computer is...
  9. HDMI-usb C connection between laptop and monitor doesn't always work

HDMI-usb C connection between laptop and monitor doesn't always work: Hi there, I have a razor blade stealth 13" laptop and an LG monitor that has an HDMI port. My laptop has USB C ports and no HDMI. I connect my monitor to my laptop with a cable that has HDMI on one end and USB C on the other end. When I connect the monitor to my laptop, my...
  10. Asus MB16AP USB-C Monitor 1080p doesn't connect.

Asus MB16AP USB-C Monitor 1080p doesn't connect.: Asus MB16AP USB-C Monitor doesn't connect to my Asus Zenbooks USB-C 3.1 port. The directions state no drivers needed, tried re-booting. Also tried USB-C adapter to USB 3.0 still will not run. I finally added the Widget for controlling the Monitor, still doesn't work. It...