Windows 10: USB-C not detecting monitor.

Discus and support USB-C not detecting monitor. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joseph Salus, Mar 4, 2024.

1. USB-C not detecting monitor.

I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7 6800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.2 GB usable Device ID D0850C4D-29D1-41A1-B978-2A2CAA883D03 Product ID 00342-20978-82280-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 11 Home Version

:)

Joseph Salus, Mar 4, 2024

2. USB-C not detecting displays on Windows 11

I cannot connect my HP Pavillion 15t-eg100 to two external monitors. I am using a lenovo docking station and two lenovo ThinkVision T24i-30 monitors.

I have two monitors, a keyboard, and a mouse plugged into a docking station. When I plug the docking station into my laptop via USB-C, the keyboard and mouse work just fine but the monitors do not. All accessories work when connected to another laptop (which is running Windows 10). I know this is not an issue related to cables because I can swap between laptops and the screens are instantly detected. It is worth noting that the USB docking station is also actively charging my computer, so it should be capable of sending video unless I misunderstand.

Here are the steps I have already taken:

• Rescan to detect monitors several times
    • Check all cable connections/power
    • Update all my drivers
    • Check for software updates and restart my computer
    • Install Thunderbolt Control Center to attempt to detect displays
    • Install Lenovo Accessories and Display Manager to attempt to detect displays

Noah Tibben-Lembke, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows 10 stopped detecting ThinkVision M14 monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use ThinkVision M14 monitor on your computer. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • What is the make and model of the computer that you are using?

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the monitor with a different computer, I suspect it could be an issue with the drivers on the computer. I would suggest you to check for hidden drivers on the computer and try to update them. Refer the
    steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Click on View and select
      Show hidden devices
    3. Expand Monitors and check if there is any
      hidden device.
    4. If there is any hidden device, right click on it and select
      Update Driver.

You can also install
    ThinkVision M14 Monitor Driver
    and see if that makes any difference.

Since you are using a USB-C adapter, I suggest you to refer the article on

Fix USB-C problems

You may also try updating the Chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and then check if the Monitor is detected.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 4, 2024
  4. HDR52 Win User

USB-C not detecting monitor.

Windows can't detect second monitor connected through USB

I'm trying to run a second monitor (HP1740) on my HP Compaq dc7900 running Windows 10. There is only one VGA port, so I've connected with a USB-A to USB-B cable. Windows does not detect the second monitor. Any suggestions?

HDR52, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

USB-C not detecting monitor.

1. USB-C not detecting monitor. - Similar Threads - USB detecting monitor

2. USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore: hi,I have a lenovo T14s 3rd generation with windows 11 pro.I usually use a USB-c adapter with an HDMI external monitor, the external monitor is usually recognized on both USB4 plugs.Last week I updated windows and now the USB4 plug I usually use, cannot detect the external...
  3. USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore: hi,I have a lenovo T14s 3rd generation with windows 11 pro.I usually use a USB-c adapter with an HDMI external monitor, the external monitor is usually recognized on both USB4 plugs.Last week I updated windows and now the USB4 plug I usually use, cannot detect the external...
  4. USB-C not detecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  5. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  6. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  7. Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 updates: Failure to detect USB-C monitor: Two days ago February 24, 2023, I updated my HP laptop before shutting down. After this, my PC fails to recognize my external monitor Samsung Smart Monitor M7 connected via either USB-C port. There are no driver updates left to do and a subsequent upgrade to Windows 11 did...
  8. Windows 11 update: Failure to detect USB-C monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update: Failure to detect USB-C monitors: On April 14th, I updated my Windows 11 PCs Surface Pro 7 and Surface Book 3 to build KB5012592. Since that time, I have tried two different Surface Dock 2s and neither, with either PC, recognizes my monitors via the USB-C ports. Finally, I switched back to the Surface Dock...
  9. Windows 11 update: Failure to detect USB-C monitors

Windows 11 update: Failure to detect USB-C monitors: On April 14th, I updated my Windows 11 PCs Surface Pro 7 and Surface Book 3 to build KB5012592. Since that time, I have tried two different Surface Dock 2s and neither, with either PC, recognizes my monitors via the USB-C ports. Finally, I switched back to the Surface Dock...
  10. USB C Earphones not detecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB C Earphones not detecting: I have an Acer Triton 500 PT-515 Laptop with 9750H CPU and RTX 2060 GPU. On connecting my Hifiman RE400c Earphones with USB C port into my Laptop's USB C port it goes undetected and I get a beeping sound on the earphone. This same behaviour is observed when I connect any...