Windows 10: USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones

Discus and support USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion 15 laptop. It has both a headphone jack and a USB-C port. Any sound coming out of the headphone jack has very bad sound quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew G__, May 5, 2019.

1. USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones

I have an HP Pavilion 15 laptop. It has both a headphone jack and a USB-C port. Any sound coming out of the headphone jack has very bad sound quality for some unknown reason, so I decided to get a USB-C to 3.5mm jack converter. My headphones don't work with this port at all, and the computer doesn't even recognize the headphones. How can I fix either the USB-C problem or the headphone jack problem? Any help appreciated.

:)

Andrew G__, May 5, 2019
  2. maromie Win User

USB AND HEADPHONES PORTS NOT WORKING

One of the USB ports and the headphones port is not working. It's a new laptop and they've not worked since. Do I need to get drivers? If yes, which ones?

maromie, May 5, 2019
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, May 5, 2019
  4. CLY
    cly Win User

USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones

USB-C to Display port

Do all USB-C ports support display port? I am thinking of picking up a cheap laptop but want to be able to connect two additional displays if needed. The laptop has an HDMI and a USB-C Gen 1. Ace Aspire R R5. thanks

Thema:

USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones

1. USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones - Similar Threads - USB port laptop

2. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  3. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  4. Usb Type-C ports not working Dell Inspiron Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Type-C ports not working Dell Inspiron Laptop: After some updates in Windows Update and SupportAssist, all of my usb ports don't work anymore. It does not power, not detect any device. Tried all the solution I found like clean install of Window, update/unistall driver,... But still not work!Any idea?...
  5. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  6. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  7. USB hub - USB C port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...
  8. USB C port doesn't work

USB C port doesn't work: I connected an Android phone via the USB-c port and started a file transfer. In the middle of the transfer, I mistakenly turned my computer off. The port has not worked ever since. I tried different cables both of which work fine on other devices and different devices none of...
  9. USB Port/USB Headphones Not Working?

USB Port/USB Headphones Not Working?: So, I have a USB headset with LED Red Lights that light up when you plug it in, and a connected microphone connected to it when I plug the USB in, it doesn't make that sound that the computer usually makes when something plugs into the computer I notice my headphones LED...
  10. USB-C to Display Port not working?

USB-C to Display Port not working?: I have an X1 Yoga with Windows 10, attempting to connect to an external HP monitor using one of the two USB-C Thunderbolt ports. I bought a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter from Lenovo, connecting the adapter to the DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor. No signal on...