Windows 10: USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

Discus and support USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joshhrajan, Jan 22, 2022.

1. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing power management settings. Is there an issue with the startup or the drivers?

:)

joshhrajan, Jan 22, 2022
  2. GM_247 Win User

Internal microphone no longer working after headphones were plugged in via USB-C port

As the title suggest, my internal microphone no longer works (and I believe it is no longer recognized) after I plugged in headphones into a hub that was plugged into USB-C port. Any suggestions?

GM_247, Jan 22, 2022
  3. jjtyler Win User
    USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Jan 22, 2022
  4. frozensun Win User

USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

USB device not working on Optiplex 9010

I did plug in external HDD and went to device manager.
    There is none of unknown devices in the list (picture below)
    USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in [​IMG]

OK disabled and enabled USB 3.0 root hub and then pluged in external HDD,here is exclamation mark I got:

USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

yep..solved the problem with your suggestion...thx a lot...

frozensun, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

1. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in - Similar Threads - USB ports don't

2. Usb ports don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb ports don't work: It was a problem a few days ago with my old pc what i am about to sell. I got to a service and now it worked. But i wanted to reinstall the windowsto sell and now its the language selectionfirst step and its not working. My keyboard and mouse is lighting but there is no...
  3. Usb ports don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb ports don't work: It was a problem a few days ago with my old pc what i am about to sell. I got to a service and now it worked. But i wanted to reinstall the windowsto sell and now its the language selectionfirst step and its not working. My keyboard and mouse is lighting but there is no...
  4. Usb ports don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices: Whenever I connect a working webcam or an external HDD to the non-Thunderbolt USB-C port of my Lenovo X1 Nano laptop, I receive the following error.Windows 11I have installed the latest drivers.I have performed a pin-hole reset.The same error occurs.Lenovo support says the...
  6. "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices

"USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices: Whenever I connect a working webcam or an external HDD to the non-Thunderbolt USB-C port of my Lenovo X1 Nano laptop, I receive the following error.Windows 11I have installed the latest drivers.I have performed a pin-hole reset.The same error occurs.Lenovo support says the...
  7. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  8. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  9. USB 2.0 devices don't work on USB 3.0 ports

USB 2.0 devices don't work on USB 3.0 ports: Hello I've been facing a problem with my Windows 10 PC. I've USB 3.0 ports but whenever I connect 2.0 devices, they don't work. I've completely updated all he drivers. Please suggest some solution for this. Thanx...
  10. USB devices doesn't work when the devices are plugged in to different ports

USB devices doesn't work when the devices are plugged in to different ports: So my friend has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10, and he has a strange issue. He has 2 USB ports, both 3.0, and the situation is like this: PORT 1: Mouse and Keyboard work in this port only. Don't work on PORT 2. PORT 2: Scanner and Wacom tablet work in this port. Don't...