Windows 10: USB-C to Display Port not working?

Discus and support USB-C to Display Port not working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an X1 Yoga with Windows 10, attempting to connect to an external HP monitor using one of the two USB-C Thunderbolt ports. I bought a USB-C to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JenGivens, Jun 18, 2020.

1. JenGivens Win User

USB-C to Display Port not working?

I have an X1 Yoga with Windows 10, attempting to connect to an external HP monitor using one of the two USB-C Thunderbolt ports. I bought a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter from Lenovo, connecting the adapter to the DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor. No signal on monitor. It's a brand new monitor and it works fine using HDMI, but due to availability of ports I want to use the USB-C connection.

When I plug in the USB-C to DisplayPort adapter I get a message "PC isn't charging". The power cord is plugged into the other USB-C port and otherwise works fine. I have tried switching around the USB-C to DisplayPort adapter to the other port but still no signal to the monitor.

Please help.

:)

JenGivens, Jun 18, 2020
  2. CLY
    cly Win User

USB-C to Display port

Do all USB-C ports support display port? I am thinking of picking up a cheap laptop but want to be able to connect two additional displays if needed. The laptop has an HDMI and a USB-C Gen 1. Ace Aspire R R5. thanks

3. Chino Win User
    LMP Launches 4K 10-port USB-C Display Dock

When it comes to video ports, the Display Dock has them all: HDMI (4K@60 Hz), Mini-DP (4K@30 Hz), DP (4K@30 Hz), DVI (1080p@60 Hz) and VGA (1080p@60 Hz). The Display Dock let's you extend your video content to two external displays (dual 4K monitor support via HDMI & Mini-DP/DP as well as further combinations with VGA and DVI), each at its maximum resolution and refresh rate. It is the only USB-C dock that supports 4K@60 Hz video output via HDMI and it comes at less than half the price of a Thunderbolt dock. Ideal for the professional user, the passionate movie fan or the avid gamer alike - take advantage of 4K video with high-frequency 60 Hz refresh rate.

USB-C to Display Port not working? lPasY9humRa9QpiL_thm.jpg

USB-C to Display Port not working? Vln5BgheEZWPXOWF_thm.jpg

USB-C to Display Port not working? HDO2tb0Z8NSGoY9s_thm.jpg

USB-C to Display Port not working? tCEWoVrIgvaYYh2F_thm.jpg

All the video ports and more:
    Besides the 5 video ports, the LMP USB-C Display Dock connects to the outside world via Gigabit Ethernet and its two USB 3.0 ports. One USB 3.0 port can charge a smartphone or tablet with up to 1.5A.

10 ports for (almost) any event:
    • HDMI (4K@60 Hz)
    • Mini-DP (4K@30 Hz)
    • DP (4K@30 Hz)
    • DVI (1080p@60 Hz)
    • VGA (1080p@60 Hz)
    • Gigabit Ethernet
    • 2x USB 3.0 (with 1x 1.5A power output)
    • Audio out (3.5 mm jack)
    • USB-C (Power Delivery and data transfer)

Chino, Jun 18, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

TrendNet Launches New Line of USB Type-C Adapters

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking solutions, announced today the launch of its USB-C product line. The new line will feature three USB-C adapters for HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet. "TRENDnet is committed to developing reliable products to improve user connectivity, and our line of USB-C adapters is designed to keep users up-to-date with the new USB connector standard," said Sonny Su, technology director at TRENDnet. "The new USB-C line allows users to take advantage of improved data transfer speeds and more power, while extending the life of current devices."

The Type-C port and connector are extremely compact and feature a reversible connector orientation. The new USB-C technology and connector support lightning-fast transfer speeds, and feature an increased power output. All TRENDnet USB-C products are conveniently powered by the computer's USB port, and are Windows and Mac compatible.

USB-C to Display Port not working? 78a_thm.jpg

USB-C to HDMI 4K UHD Display Adapter, model TUC-HDMI
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a 4K monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to HDMI connection
    • Max resolution: 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz
    USB-C to VGA HDTV Adapter, model TUC-VGA
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a projector, monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to VGA connection
    • Max resolution: 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz
    USB-C to Gigabit Adapter, model TUC-ETG
    • Adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer
    • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C port

btarunr, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. USB-C to Display Port not working? - Similar Threads - USB Display Port

2. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  3. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  4. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  5. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  6. USB hub - USB C port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...
  7. USB C port doesn't work

USB C port doesn't work: I connected an Android phone via the USB-c port and started a file transfer. In the middle of the transfer, I mistakenly turned my computer off. The port has not worked ever since. I tried different cables both of which work fine on other devices and different devices none of...
  8. Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to display port

Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to display port: Hello random willing stranger Today I bought a new usb-c to displayport cable to properly connect my computer to an external monitor because it was time for a new connection cable and I wanted to exploit the thunderbolt supported usb-c port on my laptop and get some lower...
  9. USB C port

USB C port: hello i bought a usb c hub when i plug it in it says that the last usb device was not recognized . in the device manger it says port reset error and there is a yellow warning triangle. what can i do to get this hub to be recognized.[ATTACH] thank you...
  10. USB C Port

USB C Port: I have a USB C port on the back of my desktop and I need to be able to transfer data through it, but it only seems to charge. Is this a windows 10 error or will I just have to buy an adapter to plug my cable into the front?...