Windows 10: USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC"

Discus and support USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a HP Pavilion 14-ce3501na Laptop which I need to connect to a Finlux 22F6030S TV. The TV's support manual advises to connect to a PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Grosseda, May 14, 2020.

1. Grosseda Win User

USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC"

Hi there,
    I have a HP Pavilion 14-ce3501na Laptop which I need to connect to a Finlux 22F6030S TV. The TV's support manual advises to connect to a PC via VGA rather than HDMI as some radio interference could occur.

So, I purchased a StarTech.com CDP2VGASA 1920x1200 USB-C to VGA adapter along with a premium German-made deleyCON 15-pin VGA-VGA cable. With both laptop and TV powered off I connected the cable and adaptor, and powered up, but all I get on the TV screen is "No Signal Through PC".
    Can anyone help or advise of a fix, please? Thanks.

:)

Grosseda, May 14, 2020

2. USB-C to VGA not working

I would ask Kensington if that dock has the required adapter to covert VGA to a digital signal readable by USB-C. It's too expensive for it not to.

https://www.kensington.com/p/products/connectiv...

If not they may have a product that does this required function they'll replace it with. Let them know we're waiting to hear in Microsoft's forums (the world's largest).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, May 14, 2020
  3. USB-C to VGA not working

USB is a digital signal (as is HDMI) and VGA is an analog signal. You won't be able to see the output from a digital source on an analog monitor - not without a digital-to-analog converter.

SnS (Unrepentant Advisor), May 14, 2020
  4. USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC"

USB-C to VGA not working

My laptop (asus Vivobook 15) does not have a VGA outlet and my monitor only has VGA cable. I bought a USB-C mobile dock with both HDMI and VGA outlet, and the HDMI outlet works but the VGA does not detect any monitor. It's supposed to be plug and play
    (no driver installation needed). What might be the issue?

Adrian Viliesid, May 14, 2020
Thema:

USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC"

1. USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC" - Similar Threads - USB VGA working

2. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  3. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  4. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  5. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  6. 2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a fairly new Lenovo P1 Gen 3 computer dec 2020. My graphical card is IntelR UHD Graphics and the driver version is 27.20.100.8729. I'm trying to connect a new screen : DELL E2220H which unfortunately only has VGA and DPI inputs. I've...
  7. usb-c to vga cable

usb-c to vga cable: The USB - C to VGA cable isn't working - no display on monitor ? I bought this because the description said I didn't need to download a driver? can you help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-vga-cable/d86e7ac4-ef56-423b-aa50-e72fc929ef4a
  8. Issues with VGA signal

Issues with VGA signal: Hello, I'm Using a Dell Inspiron one pc with a separate Dell monitor. These have been connected via a VGA cable and have been working fine until last night when windows 10 had an update and today I can not get the Dell monitor to work. I have tried unplugging all the...
  9. VGA to USB C hub;

in Windows 10 Customization
    VGA to USB C hub;: I purchased a Seiko USB 3.0 HUB AND VGA DIESPLAY AND MONITOR ISN'T SHOWING GOOD RESOLUTIONS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vga-to-usb-c-hub/96de9c39-df3d-4f48-b2d7-2881dcc75f72
  10. USB-C to VGA not working

USB-C to VGA not working: My laptop (asus Vivobook 15) does not have a VGA outlet and my monitor only has VGA cable. I bought a USB-C mobile dock with both HDMI and VGA outlet, and the HDMI outlet works but the VGA does not detect any monitor. It's supposed to be plug and play (no driver installation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vga to usb adapter not working windows 10

2. usb c to vga adapter no signal

3. usb c to vga adapter laptop not recognizing monitor