Windows 10: USB-C to VGA not working

Discus and support USB-C to VGA not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop (asus Vivobook 15) does not have a VGA outlet and my monitor only has VGA cable. I bought a USB-C mobile dock with both HDMI and VGA outlet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adrian Viliesid, Nov 27, 2019.

1. USB-C to VGA not working

My laptop (asus Vivobook 15) does not have a VGA outlet and my monitor only has VGA cable. I bought a USB-C mobile dock with both HDMI and VGA outlet, and the HDMI outlet works but the VGA does not detect any monitor. It's supposed to be plug and play (no driver installation needed). What might be the issue?

:)

Adrian Viliesid, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

USB c to VGA adaptor

I have just purchased a Lenovo 320s Ideapad to use at work for presentations through a projector. Unfortunately all the projectors are VGA input. The Lenovo does not have VGA output so I purchased an unbranded USB C to VGA adaptor. I cant get the adaptor
    to do anything at all. There is no reaction from the laptop when I plug the adaptor in. Do I need to install some drivers to get it to work on Win 10?

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    USB c to VGA adaptor

Based on the details that you've shared, we'd recommend performing the following to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers. To do this, you can perform the following:
    • Search and launch Device Manager using Cortana.
    • Locate and collapse the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on a listed driver and then select Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click on Uninstall Device.
    • Repeat steps 3 and 4 to each of the drivers listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart your device.

Note: Restarting the device will reinstall the USB drivers.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

USB-C to VGA not working

TrendNet Launches New Line of USB Type-C Adapters

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking solutions, announced today the launch of its USB-C product line. The new line will feature three USB-C adapters for HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet. "TRENDnet is committed to developing reliable products to improve user connectivity, and our line of USB-C adapters is designed to keep users up-to-date with the new USB connector standard," said Sonny Su, technology director at TRENDnet. "The new USB-C line allows users to take advantage of improved data transfer speeds and more power, while extending the life of current devices."

The Type-C port and connector are extremely compact and feature a reversible connector orientation. The new USB-C technology and connector support lightning-fast transfer speeds, and feature an increased power output. All TRENDnet USB-C products are conveniently powered by the computer's USB port, and are Windows and Mac compatible.

USB-C to VGA not working 78a_thm.jpg

USB-C to HDMI 4K UHD Display Adapter, model TUC-HDMI
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a 4K monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to HDMI connection
    • Max resolution: 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz
    USB-C to VGA HDTV Adapter, model TUC-VGA
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a projector, monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to VGA connection
    • Max resolution: 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz
    USB-C to Gigabit Adapter, model TUC-ETG
    • Adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer
    • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C port

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

USB-C to VGA not working

1. USB-C to VGA not working - Similar Threads - USB VGA working

2. usb c to vga is not working and giving me prompt 'no singal'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb c to vga is not working and giving me prompt 'no singal': I recently bought a usb hub but its not working in my Lenovo ideapad s340 and giving me prompt on my acer monitor screen 'no singal' . I tried the same hub with my another HP laptop and acer screen and it is working. I also tried the same hub with HP laptop and my tv with...
  3. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  4. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  5. 2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd Screen connected through VGA and USB-C not working: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a fairly new Lenovo P1 Gen 3 computer dec 2020. My graphical card is IntelR UHD Graphics and the driver version is 27.20.100.8729. I'm trying to connect a new screen : DELL E2220H which unfortunately only has VGA and DPI inputs. I've...
  6. USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor

USB-C adaptor for VGA monitor: Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga 530-14IKB i5 running Windows 10 which I want to hook up to two external monitors both quite old and with VGA connectivity - specifically, an HP LE2201w and a Samsung SyncMaster 225UW. The laptop only has one HDMI output so I've been getting...
  7. usb-c to vga cable

usb-c to vga cable: The USB - C to VGA cable isn't working - no display on monitor ? I bought this because the description said I didn't need to download a driver? can you help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-vga-cable/d86e7ac4-ef56-423b-aa50-e72fc929ef4a
  8. Microsoft USB-C to VGA Adapter

Microsoft USB-C to VGA Adapter: I needed a second monitor to work from home. Grabbed a monitor from work to use with my HP laptop. I bought a Microsoft USB-C to VGA adapter. I have connected it but it isn't showing under Devices in Settings. I have done all the troubleshooting from Microsoft and read on...
  9. USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC"

USB-C to VGA not working "No Signal Through PC": Hi there, I have a HP Pavilion 14-ce3501na Laptop which I need to connect to a Finlux 22F6030S TV. The TV's support manual advises to connect to a PC via VGA rather than HDMI as some radio interference could occur. So, I purchased a StarTech.com CDP2VGASA 1920x1200 USB-C to...
  10. VGA to USB C hub;

in Windows 10 Customization
    VGA to USB C hub;: I purchased a Seiko USB 3.0 HUB AND VGA DIESPLAY AND MONITOR ISN'T SHOWING GOOD RESOLUTIONS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vga-to-usb-c-hub/96de9c39-df3d-4f48-b2d7-2881dcc75f72

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 usb c adaptor to vga monitor help

2. lenovo usb-c to vga adapter not working

3. usb c to vga cable not working

4. usb c to vga not working windows 10,
  5. usb c to vga not working,
  6. USB-C to VGA not working Windows 10,
  7. hp usb-c to vga adapter not working,
  8. usb-c to vga not working on lenovo laptop,
  9. vga usb c adaptor stopped working,
  10. dell usb-c port not working vga,
  11. why is usb c to vga not working dell laptop